Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Car do I buy?

emelisa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Coomodore V6
I am looking at getting the VE Commodore - v6.
I took one for a test drive the other day and was impressed with everything but the plastic ugly dash and sound system
My friend just bought one the other day
I am wondering what you all think??
I am looking for a car that handles well, good on fuel, not new
Any suggestions as to how good these cars are?
I so wanted the hothouse green but just found out that that color comes out in earlier models
I had a VR many years back and it was a great car other than the many water problems I had with it

Thanks
Em

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Well that rules out a holden, pay money to make them handle well, pay a bucketload in fuel :p

Buy a KN laser, they handle good for a little car and use bugger all fuel!!

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Get a bike :D

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I am looking at getting the VE Commodore - v6.
I took one for a test drive the other day and was impressed with everything but the plastic ugly dash and sound system
My friend just bought one the other day
I am wondering what you all think??
Any suggestions as to how good these cars are?
I so wanted the hothouse green but just found out that that color comes out in earlier models
I had a VR many years back and it was a great car other than the many water problems I had with it

Thanks
Em

really depends what your after, commodores are a pretty common car generally parts are cheaper than imports for their size the fuel economy isnt to bad. if your looking at buying a large sedan like a commodore check out the competition as well despite what alot of people on this forum say falcons are pretty good cars too.

a car is as good or as bad as you make it, regularly servicing and maintaining your car will go a long way towards making it a "good" car.

hot house green was used on VY commodores i think, VEs have atomic green and poison ivy(i think thats what its called)

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Resale on the povpack VEs scare me.Stay away from Siries1 if you can.

As someone said the Falcons are damn good at the moment(last 7years).Im a Holden man and have driven both the Omega and the Ford XT and the Ford was a winner by a fair distance.I cannot stand the VE interior and cabin views.

Testdrive a Orion,youll be suprised.They will handle and be better on juice than the VE.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VE is a good car for family trips but they are a thirsty tank to drive around the city or on short trips. depends how you will drive it. If you liked your VR and were happy will the fuel then any V6 commo will be oK for you. Why not get a VYII Berlina or something like that ... nice car, cheap to run.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
the sound system isnt bad if you dont really care to much about turning it up but if you do car about cranking up the music then you will need to replace the speaker as there not that great (even the optional extra speakers + subs in the SS-V)

emelisa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Coomodore V6
Thanks guys
I was driving the VE today I do LOVE it
Such a great car and yes inside isnt very pretty
At least I have found out that you can change the factory stereo in them
and they guzzle fuel hey?
I have an old celica 92 model and from what I read it does seem to have the same fuel economy as the new VE 2008 v6
So there shouldn't be much difference there
I am a little fussy with cars and I do like cars to look good, they are not just a car to me

I just wanted to hear some feedback on people who have owned VE's I am not fusses on the look of the Berlina
and The hothouse green is Vy?
God that is a nice colour
Ok I will keep looking
Thinking of buying one at the auctions
Thanks guys
Em