Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What car(s) will be your next?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I am hoping to get one of these

turbomini.jpg

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Ford T6 Ranger 5cyl Turbo Diesel - which imo will be the first serious Hilux killer.

I would love one of these

Looking to sell the Calais in about 6 Months and looking to get my first 4X4. Been looking at a Few Nissan Navara.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Toyota GXL 100 series v8. Should have it by june if all goes to plan.

M

mwb235

Most likely i'll be updating to a 2008-on (not 06 or 07) VE 6L V8 within the next 2 years. I'd be happy with a Berlina but finding them with the V8 isn't easy. I'd get a Calais or Calais V but i hate leather in cars, don't want bigger than 17 inch rims (Calais is ok, but the Calais V has 18's), and i don't want DVD screens. Today's Calais models have too much fluff IMO. I've always fitted aftermarket LPG to my cars (VL, VR, current VT) but haven't decided if i'd bother doing the VE. If i did, i'd again fit the BRC Sequent P&D vapour injection system that i have now in my VT.

Another possibility i'm considering is downsizing to a 4-cyl, in which case i'd get 2009-on Hyundai Sonata, or a 2009-on Hyundai i30. I'd prefer to stay with Holden but, so time will tell which way i go.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Most likely i'll be updating to a 2008-on (not 06 or 07) VE 6L V8 within the next 2 years. I'd be happy with a Berlina but finding them with the V8 isn't easy. I'd get a Calais or Calais V but i hate leather in cars, don't want bigger than 17 inch rims (Calais is ok, but the Calais V has 18's), and i don't want DVD screens. Today's Calais models have too much fluff IMO. I've always fitted aftermarket LPG to my cars (VL, VR, current VT) but haven't decided if i'd bother doing the VE. If i did, i'd again fit the BRC Sequent P&D vapour injection system that i have now in my VT.

Another possibility i'm considering is downsizing to a 4-cyl, in which case i'd get 2009-on Hyundai Sonata, or a 2009-on Hyundai i30. I'd prefer to stay with Holden but, so time will tell which way i go.

Why hyundai out of interest? Toyota is who i'd go with for a small car.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Hyundai have come a bloody long way and make an exceptionally good value for money car these days... Kia are also catching up in that regard.

M

mwb235

Why hyundai out of interest? Toyota is who i'd go with for a small car.

Only because in my last job i drove an '06 Sonata and loved it, well-featured & excellent quality, certanly better than Holden up to and including VZ IMO. I was always turned off 4-cyl cars but these days they have as much power as i need, and i don't drive like a granny!

Toyota would be better (more of them, better dealer network in the country) i just haven't driven one recently. My work car back in the late 90's was a Camry and i liked it then. When i get closer to the time i'll look at the Toyota as well.

Also maybe a Camry hybrid - i know nothing about them, but would have no issue driving one. The only thing is they're still too costly compared to the equivalent petrol model. Same issue with the Prius - i'd consider it too but secondhand prices on those are unrealistic.