Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What colour is this trim

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Its easier and tidier to get replacement parts in the colour you want. I replaced a lot of mine with light grey instead of slate grey.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah I’m trying to find out the colour so I can do that

Is the light colour the original trim colour for your car ?

If so, the compliance plate will have the interior colour code which might make it easier to find.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi all,

It's becoming way harder than it really is. There are only 2 colours of trim that were released in VS and that being the Grey and also the Blue.

So it's one or the other and with yours being an Esteem I think you'll find it being the Grey interior as I'm sure there was no Blue trim offered in Esteem and Acclaim variants. Without getting my "Fiche reader" out again I can't confirm precisely as the Genuine Holden Workshop Manuals don't have a section about Trim colours written, but it's not like there are 20 different colours.

VR had 3 colours that being the same Grey and Blue along with a really nice beige, but the Beige was deleted for VS and streamlined down to the two colours only.

One thing I will add though and that is that there were very slight variations in the texture of the two colours which was just one of those production quality control issues that came about as Holden by this stage were no longer making all the plastic trim pieces and as such having parts supplied by Contracted Manufacturers.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The light grey is common as. Just grab some light grey peices and replace any dark grey. Dark grey looks shithouse IMHO.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Losh,

Not sure if many actually notice but within both major colours there are secondary accent colours, so what I'm saying is that the Grey has a light and a dark within the colour scheme while the blue also has a lighter and darker shade within that scheme as well.
This is quite evident on the air vent boxes that are mounted on the upper section of the door. The upper vent is within one shade while the lower vent is in another shade.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
OMG !!!!!! and EH Holden build plates are relevant... why ?

Have you been sitting out in the sun today Trev ?