Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Coolant are people using?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The link you provide doesn’t explicitly state it’s a concentrate but it does mention mixing with water.

But if you click on the flyer within the right of that web page, that also doesn’t specifically state it’s a concentrate. However, the flyer does talk of mixing with distilled water and includes a section on mixing rations and the frost protection it provides. Oddly it states to avoid storage above 32C (WTF?, it’s a long life coolant :p)…

Interestingly, ACDelco DexCool 10-101 Extended Life Coolant, as sold on Amazon US, does specify it’s an orange concentrate.

[/URL]

In any case, the Aussie stuff in your link is @ 1040g/L of ethyl glycol which is very much a concentrate.

If you have any doubt, why not ring a Holden dealer who sells ACDelco DexCool and specifically ask them? they’d be able to clarify such along with their price :p
Looking at the different packaging, only the small 1 litre mentions to mix with water. Maybe they assume the buying public would not be changing their own coolants and only show the mixing method only on the single one litre.

I've always thought coolant was a concentrate when purchased and only the cheap stuff was diluted.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I looked on the back of my 5l bottle and it does say to mix with water according to specs in car manual

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I might know that 1040g/L is a concentrate, you might know as we, but others may not… Simply isn’t a great way to describe a product…
Even I didn't know to look at the glycol level in the bottle and I sell coolant to the trade on a daily basis. Its just common practice for suppliers to write concentrate or premix on the box.