Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Cord Is Needed For This Headunit/Fascia? (Info In Post)

TPH1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore SV6
I recently brought a new headunit and Fascia Kit for my Holden 2006 Series 1 SV6 VE Commodore, I've went to the local Holden dealer and ive asked if when they arrive could they fit them as i dont trust myself cutting cords. they said they will aslong as I have everything it needs as they don't want to search for the parts. They told me a patch lead is what most people come in without so does anyone know what patch lead I would need or if there's any other cables I'd need to make this headunit and fascia work together? Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

- Headunit: ATOTO A6 Pro A6Y2721PRB
- Fascia Kit: Aeropro FP9350BK for VE Commodore (Single Zone)

Extra Info: The headunit is already paid and shipped the Fascia kit hasn't been brought as the dealer said there was a recall and I have to wait 3 weeks so if its %100 necessary I could change the fascia

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not exactly the kind of work a Dealer would do. Stereo install people carry out that work.

The Aerpro facia kit should come with all the connecters you need. It will be dependant on what brand headunit you use.

The Aerpro boss is on the forum from time to time

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is no cutting of wires required. The whole thing is almost plug and play if not for installing the temp sensor, which is easy enough. There’s YouTube videos showing you how.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The temp sensor is part of the Aerpro facia.
I found an unboxing of your headunit which won’t have an appropriate adaptor harness.

The Aerpro facia uses an iso plug for the headunit. You need something with an iso plug. That way it’s that harness that gets butchered. Not the Aerpro harness and not the factory harness.

Who ever does it will need to solder the appropriate wires to the iso plugs. This is why the correct people need to do this job such as an experienced car stereo installer or a Car audio business. They will have all materials and skills to complete the job. Holden will stuff it up royally and make you liable for it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Go to Autobarn they do installs regularly

TPH1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go to Autobarn they do installs regularly
I live in Young, NSW (a pretty small town) so there's no car audio stores here, but if your reccomending autobarn do you think I may have some luck with supercheap auto? Thats the only car place we have here i think maybe a repco

TPH1995

Reaction score
Members Ride
The temp sensor is part of the Aerpro facia.
I found an unboxing of your headunit which won’t have an appropriate adaptor harness.

The Aerpro facia uses an iso plug for the headunit. You need something with an iso plug. That way it’s that harness that gets butchered. Not the Aerpro harness and not the factory harness.

Who ever does it will need to solder the appropriate wires to the iso plugs. This is why the correct people need to do this job such as an experienced car stereo installer or a Car audio business. They will have all materials and skills to complete the job. Holden will stuff it up royally and make you liable for it.

Thanks for your help ill definitely be getting it installed by someone more qualified then me I never planned to self install im not that confident with electrics & wires, I contacted Aerpro they replied telling me to purchase a APP7201 Cord Because

"This is an ISO to bare end harness. You will be able to utilise the harness which comes with the radio to make your own plug and play radio harness."

Idk what that means but I figured I trust him and ordered one in lol

I live in Young, NSW (a pretty small town) so there's no car audio specific shops i know of here, another guy on here reccomended Autobarn my closest alternative in town would be Supercheap Auto, I think we may have a Repco, Would you trust someone at a store like that over a guy at Holden? Don't want to get it fitted wrong as it has wifi antennas Bluetooth antennas ect ect and ive been told if they are fitted wrong reception will be terrible

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I live in Young, NSW (a pretty small town) so there's no car audio stores here, but if your reccomending autobarn do you think I may have some luck with supercheap auto? Thats the only car place we have here i think maybe a repco

No, Repco and SCA don't fit audio.

Happyjdays

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Don't do it, don't buy aerpro. Buy something else or go back to the original setup as its not worth the headache.
This is the second aerpro I've fitted to my ve ss and its doing the same bullshit the first one did (first one fitted to a ve v6).
I am having massive problems with the aircon since I fitted it and I regularly have to push the 2 dial buttons to reset it. After reset its even worse.
The aircon compressor clutch is engaged but both low and high pressures are not pulling down at all.
All of this crap started since I spent near on $500 for a very underwhelming, cheap knock off looking Aerpro facia kit.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Those sorts of problems would be highly unusual to be caused by the facia from either Holden or from Aerpro.
Coincidental perhaps.

Those sorts of functions aren’t controlled by the facia. The BCM does that stuff.