Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Cord Is Needed For This Headunit/Fascia? (Info In Post)

Happyjdays

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Those sorts of problems would be highly unusual to be caused by the facia from either Holden or from Aerpro.
Coincidental perhaps.

Those sorts of functions aren’t controlled by the facia. The BCM does that stuff.

Thanks for the reply Fu Manchu. I've been through the BCM a couple times now to see if there was anything popping up that may contribute to the problem, even drove the car around for an hour while I had the scanner accessing the BCM in live data mode and other modules to see if maybe there was something intermittent going on - nothing.
The scanner even shows the aircon switch is turned on while in live mode, but you get out and have a look at the gauges and the system isn't pulling down at all. So, in short, the a/c switch has activated the HVAC, HVAC has talked to the BCM and asked to turn the a/c on, the BCM gave the go ahead and the HVAC module turned the a/c on which shows on the display, but the a/c isn't actually working. Compressor clutch is spinning but how can that engage if the pressures aren't pulling down?
All of this happened after Aerpro facia was installed.
It's got me really stumped!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
For anybody wondering, this headunit comes with its own ISO harnesses, you just need to buy a Commodore->ISO harness for the car and it's all plug and play, no soldering.

There's an A and a B harness that comes with it, most cars will use harness A, but if there's some weird power issues with it or it takes a long time to turn on you use harness B.

It's not an Android headunit though.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I don’t think it’s an ISO plug. It’s the same as a BMW plug. The block with a lever type.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I don’t think it’s an ISO plug. It’s the same as a BMW plug. The block with a lever type.
The ISO harness is in the guy's hands in the video you linked at about 50 seconds just before he picks up the loom without the ISO plug - in Australia it comes with an A and B type ISO harness (use A or B depending on your car) as well as the pigtail loom. The lever plug end of the included ISO harness plugs into the head unit (no idea if it's from/similar to a Bimmer tho), the other end is standard ISO.

Seems Atoto do this with most of their headunits, so the reviews in English (there's a few Aussie ones for this head unit specifically) explain this a bit better.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I get it now. Thanks.