Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
We'll often not 'introduce' them if the customer is adamant that they're not interested. All it does is create angst when you force someone to speak to them, when you know they don't really want anything. Tint or an extension of manufacturer's warranty are worthy items at the right price, but just about everything else they sell it hardly worth it.

At the end of the day there's no substitute for looking after your car. If you can't be bothered to wash and polish your car, then no paint protection, fabric protection, etc, that a dealer can sell you is every going to help. Some proper paint seals applied by qualified detailers I'm sure are worth the money, but you can't guarantee that a dealer applied product is going to be any good.

doug05

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro & VF2 SSV Redline
I'll be in the market for an SSV or SSVR later this year/early next (QLD - preferably in Some Like it Red Hot with a rear wing), so interested to see what deals are out there!

In terms of paint protection, do people have views in terms of Opti-Coat Pro+ vs ceramic based coatings such as Ceramic Pro 9H?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Seems to be people are paying a real premium over S1.
Or is it all the options?

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
I have to agree. I'm sorry but the paint protection applied at dealerships is a joke. The actual product applied isn't great, all you're really paying for is the warranty it comes with.

I guess it was the warranty that sold it for me, and getting both paint protection and tinting as a package - $1300, should I be crying?

The car arrives in the dealer holding yard on Monday, would it be too late to cancel the paint protection?

richo_00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFll SSV Redline
The paint protection and interior protection I got both have life time warrantys so youd be stupid not too get it.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
VF Series 2 SV6 Sportwagon Reserve Edition in silver
- HUD
- Leather Interior
- Black roof
- Black 19" alloys
- Black side vents
- Black Roof Racks
- Premium Floor Mats and side steps
- Sat-Nav
- Boot Mat

$39k Drive Away :D

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Seems to be people are paying a real premium over S1.
Or is it all the options?
It's only just been released, mit fancy new V8 engine & now makes all the right noises ... you'd expect to pay the extra $1500 for a V8 for a start, but supply vs. demand means the deals that were available a month ago on the about-to-be-replaced S1 won't exist until maybe 2015-build cars in February-ish.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Smee's $51.8 for a redine manual sedan with sunroof and tint + paint pro is a pretty sharp price right out of the gate. Knock off the dealer add-on and you're under $50k.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
It's a very sharp price. I don't know how they've actually done that deal TBH. It's well below dealer invoice cost.... They made have gotten some help somewhere.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I'll be in the market for an SSV or SSVR later this year/early next (QLD - preferably in Some Like it Red Hot with a rear wing), so interested to see what deals are out there!

In terms of paint protection, do people have views in terms of Opti-Coat Pro+ vs ceramic based coatings such as Ceramic Pro 9H?

Whats an SSVR? is there a new model on the horizon ?

Redline ---sometimes i'm thick

Last edited: