Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
Smee's $51.8 for a redine manual sedan with sunroof and tint + paint pro is a pretty sharp price right out of the gate. Knock off the dealer add-on and you're under $50k.

I didn't get the redline, just got the standard SSV.
As it's my first V8 and have no ambitions of doing track days I couldn't see the point in getting all the race equipment. The only thing I couldn't really afford to get was the Bose option.....would have loved that.

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
Very keen to see SS / SSV pricing for the wagons.
Also very keen to find out how long dealers are telling people the wait will be before they take delivery.

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
23 November is the date I've been given for mine.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
The paint protection and interior protection I got both have life time warrantys so youd be stupid not too get it.

Quite the opposite. Dealer has just sold you a car, would have made a decent margin on it particularly being a brand new model with no cash on the hood. Next thing they do, let's squeeze more money out of this moron by telling him he needs paint protection and interior protection. Add an easy grand to our margin on the car. So poor clueless buggers spend a grand or more on what's likely $30 of product, but they feel good about having this "warranty" on their paint. After a few washes that thousand dollar paint protection has been rinsed away. The "warranty" is a complete sham, there's no way a wax is protecting the paint from poor washing/maintenance practices to begin with. And let's say you do mistreat your paint. Pro tip- You can easily cut it back to its original surface condition (ie shiny, swirl/fade free) with even a mild compound down the track. It's not that the paint "fades", it's that crap builds up on the surface. But how do you think their warranty works? They respray your car? LOL. No. Firstly you'll never use the "warranty". But secondly, if some guy ever tries to and manages to indeed jump through the million hoops, all they'll do is give the car a quick buff and send you back to the hole you crawled out of. Sad reality. Same with interior protection. Read the fineprint. It's not a license to damage your seats. If you damage your own seats, they'll tell you to get lost. Hell, I wouldn't want some apprentice spraying some cheap crap all over the interior of my brand new car to begin with.

Conclusion? Paint protection and interior protection is for suckers. But you know what, selling cars ain't an easy business for a dealership operating in such a saturated marketplace. They've gotta make money and if you do sign up for paint/interior protection, you weren't actually ripped off. You just got beat. Same with tint. If you pay more than $250-300 on a sedan, you're a sucker. You do know who generally does dealership tinting, right? A mobile tinter. So you pay the mobile guy's rate, plus the dealership's margin on top of his. Again, dealers have to make money, it's the same way you squeeze every last buck out of clients with your own job.

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
I am interested to see what the SSV Redline utes are going for. I paid $48,880 for my Auto VF S1 in Some like it Hot Red 4 weeks ago that included mats and tow package.

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
Quite the opposite. Dealer has just sold you a car, would have made a decent margin on it particularly being a brand new model with no cash on the hood. Next thing they do, let's squeeze more money out of this moron by telling him he needs paint protection and interior protection. Add an easy grand to our margin on the car. So poor clueless buggers spend a grand or more on what's likely $30 of product, but they feel good about having this "warranty" on their paint. After a few washes that thousand dollar paint protection has been rinsed away. The "warranty" is a complete sham, there's no way a wax is protecting the paint from poor washing/maintenance practices to begin with. And let's say you do mistreat your paint. Pro tip- You can easily cut it back to its original surface condition (ie shiny, swirl/fade free) with even a mild compound down the track. It's not that the paint "fades", it's that crap builds up on the surface. But how do you think their warranty works? They respray your car? LOL. No. Firstly you'll never use the "warranty". But secondly, if some guy ever tries to and manages to indeed jump through the million hoops, all they'll do is give the car a quick buff and send you back to the hole you crawled out of. Sad reality. Same with interior protection. Read the fineprint. It's not a license to damage your seats. If you damage your own seats, they'll tell you to get lost. Hell, I wouldn't want some apprentice spraying some cheap crap all over the interior of my brand new car to begin with.

Conclusion? Paint protection and interior protection is for suckers. But you know what, selling cars ain't an easy business for a dealership operating in such a saturated marketplace. They've gotta make money and if you do sign up for paint/interior protection, you weren't actually ripped off. You just got beat. Same with tint. If you pay more than $250-300 on a sedan, you're a sucker. You do know who generally does dealership tinting, right? A mobile tinter. So you pay the mobile guy's rate, plus the dealership's margin on top of his. Again, dealers have to make money, it's the same way you squeeze every last buck out of clients with your own job.

That is a fantastic explanation. I was sceptical at first of getting the paint protection but after they explained the warranty I felt it a good deal. But having read your post I feel just as you've said.....a "sucker" and I think it's too late to withdraw the paint protection. This information would be worthwhile posting on any search site regarding 'purchasing a new car'
Lesson learnt

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
That is a fantastic explanation. I was sceptical at first of getting the paint protection but after they explained the warranty I felt it a good deal. But having read your post I feel just as you've said.....a "sucker" and I think it's too late to withdraw the paint protection. This information would be worthwhile posting on any search site regarding 'purchasing a new car'
Lesson learnt

Get onto them ASAP and tell them not to apply it. Just tell them the truth, you did some research and decided it's not for you. It's treated like an accessory on the contract, it can be easily undone if they're not completely soulless.

Carcool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Man
Did the deal today, $49990 for a SSV with premium paint and heavy duty tow pack. Waiting till Feb for a 2016 build car though.

Comfal

Reaction score
Y
VF Series 2 SV6 Sportwagon Reserve Edition in silver
- HUD
- Leather Interior
- Black roof
- Black 19" alloys
- Black side vents
- Black Roof Racks
- Premium Floor Mats and side steps
- Sat-Nav
- Boot Mat

$39k Drive Away :D

Is the Reserve Edition for Factory employees only or do dealership employees qualify as well?