Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

ross23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
61K Redline auto sedan with black out kit and mats - delivered on Tuesday.
I've booked in tinting and opti-coat the following week. Then a tune and OTR CAI.
Can't wait.

What is the black out kit?

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
I'm away interstate at the moment so can't post photos and videos through the mobile site. But when I get home in a couple of days I'll put up some photos and videos for you all showing just how frikken amazing opti-coat is. I guarantee you'll all call holden and cancel paint protection! Haha

Grev156

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
I have opti-coat on my MY15 Sv6 storm wagon and it is absolutely amazing!! Probably the best thing I've ever got done to a car. It was only $600 and my car looks brand new every single time I wash it. It cleans SUPER easy and looks a million bucks every time. I don't even use suds most of the time it cleans so easy. Just hit it with the gernie and she's good as new. Opticoat is a ceramic coating also!

Sounds like your happy with the opti-coat, which is great, but quick question, I called around for a few quotes and got some pretty big differences. The guy I ended up booking with directed me to the OPti-Coat website - specifically the page showing the RRP - which for a wagon is a quite a few bucks more than $600. Is it a case of the supplier provides a 'recommended' retail price and the appliers/applicanters (guys who apply) charge want they want?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I paid $1200 for my Opticoat, full paint prep, Polish, and a third coat (usually 2) full leather and interior protection(I have cream leather) glass and wheels.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Go see Hamish from Elite Finish for tour Opticoat. Very reasonable prices. I'll be seeing him when my vfii arrives..

That's if you're in Adelaide btw

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Go see Hamish from Elite Finish for tour Opticoat. Very reasonable prices. I'll be seeing him when my vfii arrives..

That's if you're in Adelaide btw
Yeah, he is a great guy, does awesome job.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like your happy with the opti-coat, which is great, but quick question, I called around for a few quotes and got some pretty big differences. The guy I ended up booking with directed me to the OPti-Coat website - specifically the page showing the RRP - which for a wagon is a quite a few bucks more than $600. Is it a case of the supplier provides a 'recommended' retail price and the appliers/applicanters (guys who apply) charge want they want?

I'm not too sure mate. I know of a couple of other people who also paid around $600 for theirs too... But that with a brand new car not needing and touch ups first... May just be a recommended thing. The guys I got mine done by in Sydney were a listed applyer on the opti-coat website.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Back home now. For those who were interested in the opticoat paint protection.

Below are a few photos which show how good the surface of the car looks after every wash. Washing is quick, easy, and bugs/bird shits pretty much fly right off the instant you hit it with the pressure washer. As i said before, i ONLY use straight water from the pressure washer for probably 3 out of every 4 washes. Only doing a gentle hand wash with soap and a lambswool mitt 1 in 4 to give it a real nice clean up.... The stuff is amazing, and never wears off!!

Also attached is the link to a couple of videos showing the Hydrophobic properties of the opti-coat which shows how "slippery" the surface of the car is, which also means the dirt/bugs etc etc dont stick to it as well, allowing you to clean it quicker and easier. I also use an air dryer to dry the car too as this further reduces the chances of any swirls/scratches appearing on the car as you can dry it without having to actually touch it. Fantastic Stuff it is!!!

FcHu5C8h.jpg

niO4HTMh.jpg

oTvvFOOh.jpg

RIsJGZPh.jpg

odH2dKjh.jpg

And the videos:

Pressure washing: https://vimeo.com/134467317
Slower running water from tap (highlighting hydrophobia): https://vimeo.com/142761397
Air Blowing water off the surface: https://vimeo.com/134467489

Opti-Coat Pro+ is the best thing I've done to the car for sure.. Anyone who cares at all about keeping the car in good condition should be getting it ASAP!! I haven't met a single person with it who hasn't been anything other then blown away by how good it is.....

So like i said, Getting paint protection from the dealer is an absolute waste of money. Go and get the opti-coat as it costs much less and is a FAR superior product which doesn't just wear off like the stuff they use. Its basically a clear ceramic layer applied to the whole surface of the car which has a hardness rating much higher than paint and superior hydrophobic properties..

I Just also wanna make it clear i have NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER with opti-coat or anyone affiliated with opt-coat. Just a very happy customer trying to spread to good word to other proud holden owners who wanna keep their cars looking brand new!!!

cheers

Last edited:

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
..... Deleted Accidental double post.

Last edited: