Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
And this is why I haven't committed, cause I am wanting to know what is best time, best deal etc. or do I wait till 2017 etc. I don't blame them, just get annoyed with salesmen. I know they just want to sell what they got. I am being honest with them.

My best guess is that the MY17's will be the dearest commodores ever because they may have some special features and people will be keen to have them.
Ford did SFA discounting in the end and the Sprints were selling at a premium.

Based on that, I would think between now and November would be the best time for deals.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
If you want a good deal go and buy one now, there are great savings to be had, use motorbuys so you can see how some dealers mark up their price a lot.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
If you want a good deal go and buy one now, there are great savings to be had, use motorbuys so you can see how some dealers mark up their price a lot.

The problem is my curiosity and want for the last. Haha. I just want to know what I will miss out on before I commit now.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
The problem is my curiosity and want for the last. Haha. I just want to know what I will miss out on before I commit now.

different seats, mrc, sticker pack, limited edition badging and new colours, thats it! Can you live with or without that stuff?

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
different seats, mrc, sticker pack, limited edition badging and new colours, thats it! Can you live with or without that stuff?

I think it's also worth considering that you are not just living without those, you are paying significantly less to live without those!

I don't know, I can't help but feel that there's a few more tricks up their sleeves. Sure we won't see a Holden LSA, but is that really it? what about the special editions?

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Everyone seems to be scrambling for the "last ever Commodore" which means there will be a heap of them available for some time to come. They'll be for sale for years, the problem will be people trying to get a heap of coin for them in the short term. If you want one and are ready to buy, just get one and enjoy it.

yescooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dream a commodore redline
Everyone seems to be scrambling for the "last ever Commodore" which means there will be a heap of them available for some time to come. They'll be for sale for years, the problem will be people trying to get a heap of coin for them in the short term. If you want one and are ready to buy, just get one and enjoy it.

guess what. My17 may not be the 'last one'. these commodores are selling towards 2018. AND, around 2017, there will be post-commodore showing up whatever it is. if folks are not keen to the new car, holden may make my 17 more. if new 'commodore' is selling well, my17 would start discounting. so its a bit gambling about if my17 price would go up or down. I guess it will not be My18 since only couple months life. but my17 will last a long time, longer than my16. so there will be many special editions ( which just have different body kit or add some accessories.)

for me, V8+ RWD are enough. but dimming mirrors, mrc,hsv level seats, maybe HID lights are so tempting if they do warp in. i will buy it in 2017. just dont know when lol

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Agree the final prices will be dictated by new 2018 commodore. If the general public love it then the MY17 will be moved cheap like old models always have been in the past. You can bet your money the "new" commodore will have the hell marketed of out it to make the VF seem inferior and outdated. Will be interesting to watch it all play out

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Insignia gets launched either at the Paris motor show, only a few weeks away, if not then likely early next year as the Buick Regal at one of the US motor shows. You'll have plenty of notice them to see what these will be like prior to making a decision on whether or not to get an MY17 VF.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I cant see how this can possibly look cool let alone tough, but I could be surprised.
The interior should be of a good standard.

2017-Opel-Insignia-Spy-Shots-4.jpg