Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
If Holden are smart they will release it along side the HSV version to make it look awesome. I believe this is why VF got no apple play they want new model to come with a list of new gear

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I made up my mind when the XR Sprint series was released and was way better than the "last ever" standard XR8, which pissed off a lot of customers who bought the standard XR8.

To me, it's worth waiting to see what MY17 and the limited editions bring to the table.
I see a few scenarios playing out:

1) A model appears that has extra goodies and is decent value and I will buy this immediately. I.E. Holden's "Sprint" (speculation is currently a limited edition Redline with the US spec seats and MRC). It would need to be a reasonable price for me to buy it on the spot, no more than $63-$64k is where I'm thinking is reasonable. This still gives me change to get a power pack from C&A Auto and stay under $70k total.

2) Said model appears and its priced way too high, it's just not good value. In this scenario I would wait and hope the price starts to drop. Based on the current discounts available on the HSV SV Black limited editions, this is a reasonable assumption. Sure some people will pay stupid money when they come out, but most of the market isn't stupid and will wait. Once prices get reasonable, I'd buy said model for $63-$64k max.

3) If said limited edition is poor value for money and stock runs out before prices go down, or if the added goodies we all expect don't materialise, then I will just buy a standard MY17 Redline once the prices start to go down (even if this means 2018).

Best case scenario, I get a limited edition model that is amazing and I'm happy.
Worst case scenario, I get a MY17 Redline which is the last model year and I'm still happy.

What I don't want is to pull the trigger now and then regret it later when I could have had something better, like what happened to the XR8 guys.

I refuse to budge from this position despite the really really good deals people have been getting in the last 3 months or so. To me, I'm willing to pay a bit more for my ideal model or the last model year.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Interior quality, in-built technology and refinement will be better on the imported Commodore, but it won't be RWD, so it's likely to not handle as well, plus you won't be able to get a V6 or V8. It also won't be a conventional sedan body style, but rather a 4 door Coupe/Notchback style. Prices will be higher too. Gone will be the days of the $40k SV6 Black edition, etc.

However, it's likely that Diesel and AWD will be offered (probably not together) and the car will feature things like radar cruise control, adaptive LED headlights, adapative suspension, 9 speed auto, ventilated front seats, lane keep assist, autonomous braking, apple carplay and Android Auto.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Interior quality, in-built technology and refinement will be better on the imported Commodore, but it won't be RWD, so it's likely to not handle as well, plus you won't be able to get a V6 or V8. It also won't be a conventional sedan body style, but rather a 4 door Coupe/Notchback style. Prices will be higher too. Gone will be the days of the $40k SV6 Black edition, etc.

However, it's likely that Diesel and AWD will be offered (probably not together) and the car will feature things like radar cruise control, adaptive LED headlights, adapative suspension, 9 speed auto, ventilated front seats, lane keep assist, autonomous braking, apple carplay and Android Auto.

thanks but no thanks

MY VF2 will keep me happy for many years

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline

Exactly my point mate. A few die hard RWD V8 people won't be happy.(I'm one!) but the mass of soccer dads looking for a sports car will go for this tech dropping the VFs prices dramatically. This is only my opinion and I may be wrong.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I think there is going to be a go fast version with a turbo V6.
That would be the only one remotely interesting.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I find it difficult to believe that Holden/GM won't have some form of V8 offering following the end of VF.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I made up my mind when the XR Sprint series was released and was way better than the "last ever" standard XR8, which pissed off a lot of customers who bought the standard XR8.

To me, it's worth waiting to see what MY17 and the limited editions bring to the table.
I see a few scenarios playing out:

1) A model appears that has extra goodies and is decent value and I will buy this immediately. I.E. Holden's "Sprint" (speculation is currently a limited edition Redline with the US spec seats and MRC). It would need to be a reasonable price for me to buy it on the spot, no more than $63-$64k is where I'm thinking is reasonable. This still gives me change to get a power pack from C&A Auto and stay under $70k total.

2) Said model appears and its priced way too high, it's just not good value. In this scenario I would wait and hope the price starts to drop. Based on the current discounts available on the HSV SV Black limited editions, this is a reasonable assumption. Sure some people will pay stupid money when they come out, but most of the market isn't stupid and will wait. Once prices get reasonable, I'd buy said model for $63-$64k max.

3) If said limited edition is poor value for money and stock runs out before prices go down, or if the added goodies we all expect don't materialise, then I will just buy a standard MY17 Redline once the prices start to go down (even if this means 2018).

Best case scenario, I get a limited edition model that is amazing and I'm happy.
Worst case scenario, I get a MY17 Redline which is the last model year and I'm still happy.

What I don't want is to pull the trigger now and then regret it later when I could have had something better, like what happened to the XR8 guys.

I refuse to budge from this position despite the really really good deals people have been getting in the last 3 months or so. To me, I'm willing to pay a bit more for my ideal model or the last model year.

If you dont make your move soon, you will be one of these people who waited too long or something will go wrong and factory shutdown will be bought forward leaving a lot of people just hanging. Ive known people in the past to wait so they can get a better deal on the run out model but then say why did I wait so long, I could have been driving around in the latest model/series and had the latest car, but because I waited I now have the older model etc. That is if you are looking to buy a 2017 model in 2018.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Exactly my point mate. A few die hard RWD V8 people won't be happy.(I'm one!) but the mass of soccer dads looking for a sports car will go for this tech dropping the VFs prices dramatically. This is only my opinion and I may be wrong.
I doubt a rebadged Vectra is going to be a sales success; look at how much better Mondeo is than pretty-much anything else in the class, but nobody really cares.
Given the 10:1 ratio of Holden:Ford fans in general, I reckon it'll be 20-ish years before that fandom fades away & the image of Aussie Spec Sedans fades away.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I find it difficult to believe that Holden/GM won't have some form of V8 offering following the end of VF.
I'm sure that GM will have a V8 something that we and Holden can gaze at from afar but are not allowed to touch. Look at all the contradicting statements, and promises that have some from GM, ... "YES ! You MAY get that, but we only have plans for LHD versions".
The V8 RWD from any manufacturer will be very rare and expensive new vehicle for Australians by 2020.