Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Corvette is slated for RHD production, but a Corvette is Nissan GT-R money.
If I were putting money on it, I reckon the post-Commodore V8 that Holden has been semi-promising is a Corvette. And I suspect it's pricing will have it selling just as well as the previous-shape Mustang when Ford tried to overprice those.

I also suspect that by the time the question over the next shape Camaro being package-protected for RHD comes up, there'll have been a lot of happenings on the electric performance-car front; it's a few years down the track, and the biggest current thing with electric cars is battery technology (which seems to be progressing).

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I had to service the SS the other day and the dealer gave me an Insignia VXR as a courtesy car. i must say if Holden are pinning their hopes on this being a Commodore replacement, god help them.

On paper it has the goods. 240kw Turbo V6, Recaro interior, AWD, Brembo brakes, and enough gadgets and features to keep any techofile happy. But what a heap of **** it was to drive... Felt like i was driving a 15 grand Kia, not a 52 grand Holden.

I can't see anyone that grew up on a diet of V8 Commodores hopping into one of these things in a big hurry.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I was meaning a "reasonably" priced V8 offering, not a 6 figure dream car.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
I had to service the SS the other day and the dealer gave me an Insignia VXR as a courtesy car. i must say if Holden are pinning their hopes on this being a Commodore replacement, god help them.

On paper it has the goods. 240kw Turbo V6, Recaro interior, AWD, Brembo brakes, and enough gadgets and features to keep any techofile happy. But what a heap of **** it was to drive... Felt like i was driving a 15 grand Kia, not a 52 grand Holden.

I can't see anyone that grew up on a diet of V8 Commodores hopping into one of these things in a big hurry.

Well the reviews point out that its only better than a Commodore in the SNOW... so yeah not a big market. I rarely see them on the road so one assumes they aren't selling many of them. I also think the lack of a sunroof or towbar as options won't be helping to get the deals done.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I was meaning a "reasonably" priced V8 offering, not a 6 figure dream car.
Dunno if you were replying to me ... but yeah, I did interpret your comment that way, but I don't think they will have anything like that.
AFAIK there's nothing in the pipeline; I guess they could spring something on the world, but they usually announce the intention to build something over a year in advance.

On the Insignia; they're just old. The new one is likely to be a pretty decent step up. I don't know if they look or feel any worse than the VE, which is approximately of their era.

*edit*

Oh, and back to the "vaguely affordable V8" thing, I'm gonna SPAM this thread with this as well ... because I think that is a PERFECT example of where we're headed with alternatives to Commodes & Haitch-Ess-Vees. The Lexus is over double the price, made much more nicely (with a dealer network who will happily source you free access to a male or female supermodel - depending on your preference - while your car's being serviced), a bit more refined, but not as good in lots of other areas; and without Falcodores, Lexus is the poor-man's option in that class.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
If Ford can get the Mustang here for under $60k, i can't see why Holden can't do the same with the Camaro. You would surely think that with the phenomenal sales success the Mustang has, that the Camaro would be a no brainer....

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
If Ford can get the Mustang here for under $60k, i can't see why Holden can't do the same with the Camaro. You would surely think that with the phenomenal sales success the Mustang has, that the Camaro would be a no brainer....

It shows how keen Aussies are for rwd V8's.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, Lexus make a nice car Forg. One of my mates is on his 3rd (2 x IS 350 F sport and now an RC 350) but their price is certainly up there.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon

The problem is that in order to make it in RHD they would have to postpone LHD production, which is where the real volume (and profits) are.

There's no doubt in my mind that Holden is trying to influence Chev to make the Camaro in RHD but it all comes down to whether there is a business case for it. Given that we are yet to see the Camaro, it seems as though the business case doesn't stack up just yet.

When you look at it in a global context, the number of Mustangs sold in Australia is tiny. The reason that they are available in RHD at all has more to do with their 'One Ford' policy and marketing/brand identity than anything else.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

I think that they won't announce a RWD V8 until the VF is no more, if they did announce that say the Camaro was coming, how many would wait for it instead of the last VF?