Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Cruzer, Oct 14, 2015.

1. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), 97 VS, 17 Carnival Platinum
    Well I've just learned something today 'Cuda, cheers :)

2. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    congrads, good vehicle, good price.

I think many, but not all, dealers were also dicks back in 2016 and earlier. Back them most didn’t behave as commodores were made from hens teeth.

In 2017, the dealers natural tendencies was unabated by market reality which they tried hard to skew with all the crap about LE’s being sold out in weeks. So they behave like dicks, even more so with their dealer delivery crap. Luckily there were some decent dealers about and hopefully they are the ones to survive but it’s not guaranteed though.

3. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
    I was lucky guy had ordered the car and paid deposit but lost job so pulled out so dealer just wanted to move it on and being base manual SS not a popular car but what I wanted and black, had a 700km drive home but worth in as Adelaide dealers wanted 49K at the time for 15 builds also got 5 yr warranty

View attachment 197531

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  4. blackve76

Members Ride:
    local dealer sold there last VF Calais on facebook page other day, looks like they have sold one new VXR so far

another dealers still has 6 redlines and 2 motorsports left

5. Zehq

Zehq Member

Members Ride:
    2009 VE SV6
    What's the consensus here on the MSE prices? Every time I look on carsales they seem to be getting higher and higher. Reckon they'll go up in value as a collectors car or lower down in the 40-50's over the next few years?

6. PeteSS

PeteSS Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Series 2 SSV Redline
    Very nearly bought a Statesman Magnum back in the 90's. Wished I had, as they are worth ridiculous money now. Beautiful car to drive.

Anyway, picked my car up from service today, and they still had a Motorsport there for sale for $73k. I think it'll sit there for a while...

426Cuda likes this.
  7. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X3 3.0 BMW, Gen F 2 GTS, Holden Captiva seres 2 D
    You say you see them on car sales but are they selling? history shows that most cars lose for 10-15 year then become collectable, i think as the "Aussie made" Holden becomes old news you will see them drop.

8. Zehq

Zehq Member

Members Ride:
    2009 VE SV6
    Very true. Only got me worried as there's 1600 MSE's with even less in manual and spitfire green. Makes me wonder with the "shortage" of stock, will they lower in price?

Still over a year until I'm on my blacks though and I've got no plans to have a car sitting in storage for all that time.

9. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X3 3.0 BMW, Gen F 2 GTS, Holden Captiva seres 2 D
    don't worry Padawan, just remember not to get caught up in the hype. Don't forget these MSE "were all sold out" to quote greedy dealers

Zehq likes this.
  10. Deucefanny

Deucefanny Member

Members Ride:
    17 VFII Redline
    I picked mine up a few weeks ago.
    Son Of A Gun colour.
    Manual
    $57000 drive away.
    And they had to get the car from NSW as they didn't have that colour I wanted. Tried to sting me another $800 for freight, which I laughed at him and said I'd just go the other side of Melbs. They soon took that off.
    Awesome car, makes the VE wagon I had feel slow.

426Cuda and Anthony121 like this.
  11. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    SOAG MSE fro $57k DA is a great price.

You must have been charged a normal dealer car wash fee, not the ridiculous inflated one they were charging in 2017 ;)

12. Deucefanny

Deucefanny Member

Members Ride:
    17 VFII Redline
    ^^^ Ha. Not too sure. I just make them work from my business. And try to bust their balls. I just tell them "I'm not here to make friends" and go from there.
    And it's a Redline not a Motorsport. I looked at one but can't stand the decals and the red highlights

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  13. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    ^ Ah why did i think MSE? maybe it was because i couldn't find one (supposedly all sold out) until after i bought my silver MSE (and SOAG and other MSE's started falling from the sky)...

$57K DA for Redline was a good price in early/mid 16 before dealer stupidity took over, low $50's DA before that... so still not bad now...

Real question is how low can they go before the rush happens and they are all snapped up...
    I think mid year will be the crunch time, you know, EOFY, 2017 plated (old), etc, etc...

14. Deucefanny

Deucefanny Member

Members Ride:
    17 VFII Redline
    A mate showed me a price he got on an auto wagon ssvr the start of 2016 and it was about $55000. They had $59000 on mine and $57K was the best I could get, and trust me I tried and shopped around for a few months. I even looked at getting one from WA to save a few hundred but that was in nitrate. In Ballarat they had one they were trying to sell me for $65k. I actually laughed at them. Ballarat are still hands down the worst dealers around. Absolute clowns!

15. Crom

Crom New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline S2
    Tried negotiating with a few dealers in Adelaide on the new ones sitting around and they just wouldn't budge....even as we approach EOFY. Also followed up with a broker and he admitted it was pretty much the same nationally.
    Ended up purchasing a heron white 2016 SSV Redline manual with 25k on the clock for $45k on road from a Brisbane dealer. Should be here next week.

16. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), 97 VS, 17 Carnival Platinum
    They’re not bloody bad are they..these things are now 8mths old minimum and they still won’t budge from full freight.

Not only that, the majority have been sitting outside on the lot the whole time without being driven, can only imagine they are starting to deteriorate a bit.

I hope the greedy ones are forced to eventually slash prices and sell at a loss

VS 5.0 likes this.
  17. Crom

Crom New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline S2
    Yeah, agree. I even flagged that they are paying interest on these which the manager acknowledged, but still wouldn't budge.

Was even interesting just purchasing second hand through a dealer. I rang a number of dealers interstate and talked terms and made an offer on a vehicle and three of them just refused to even deal. No counter offer....just acted offended which I found amusing. Eagers in Brisbane were the first to actually negotiate and they ended up with the deal.

blackve76 likes this.
  18. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    I had the same experience buying my VE last year....."fixed price yard mate".

I did laugh when the same yards had the same cars still for sale a few months later after I had already bought mine, with reduced prices. Could have had my cash months earlier.....fools.

lmoengnr likes this.
  19. dans_vz

dans_vz Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual & 05 VZ Calais daily
    Surely the dealerships that still have VFs in stock would be hemorrhaging money left right and centre now on them... I guess they will just gouge customers in other ways even more to make that money back

20. blackve76

Members Ride:
    yep Adelaide dealers are crap now days I've bought my last 3 cars interstate now probally 5K saved at least. Years ago it was fun went to metro holden got price went to city holden cut $1500 of the deal etc but now days no budging

I think with ex hire redlines hitting the market and ex cop cars VF2 V8 prices are down so dealers will struggle in fuel prices are up.

11/16 build red SS ex cop $28K https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/ite...II-MY16-SS--Sedan--5-Seats--4-Doors/103519608