Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
just about ready to buy my vf2. Just wondering what people think I should get this package down too.

ssv redline
phantom black
auto
hf20 staggered wheels
qld delivered
no other options really wanted or needed

I have a friend that works for a dealership and can get employee pricing for 2 cars a year so put in for a quote for me.
they came back with 57k
Thoughts?

You should be able to get it for that without employee pricing. Another user on here got one for around that price with 15k worth of extras. Keep trying, call around and see what you can get. There's a website that can give you a bunch of prices for different dealers, give that a shot as well.
Hi mate im the guy that heron ssv is talking about : if i bought that car u were talking about it would cost me about 46k DA : that 57k is almost normal retail so yeah like heron ssv said - keep looking around for the best offers ☺

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
So often these days you see 'mates rates' as an opportunity to quote a healthy price because you know they are too polite to bargain down.

This guy at work had a mate who works at Holden - he sent him a special hyperlink to build / order a car. Paid $48k for a V6 Calais sportwagon.
I can build one right now for 45.5k?

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Hi mate im the guy that heron ssv is talking about : if i bought that car u were talking about it would cost me about 46k DA : that 57k is almost normal retail so yeah like heron ssv said - keep looking around for the best offers ☺

do you work at a dealership or holden directly. that's an unbelievable price. I will be stoked if I could get to 53 or thereabouts. I know when I was a tech at a ford dealership I got massive discounts for my brother and he even sold the car 3 years later for a profit.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS

Holden Build and price has it (Black Redline auto) at $60,500 not including the 20's (for NSW), I'm not sure what the 20's add to the total, but $57K sounds like about maybe 7% off the Build and Price figure, considering you can't negotiate the rego and stamp duty with the state government.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I take it that the staff price is the dealership staff price, not the GMH staff price

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
just about ready to buy my vf2. Just wondering what people think I should get this package down too.

ssv redline
phantom black
auto
hf20 staggered wheels
qld delivered
no other options really wanted or needed

I have a friend that works for a dealership and can get employee pricing for 2 cars a year so put in for a quote for me.
they came back with 57k
Thoughts?

Your "mate" would be making a hefty commission on that if he is offering employee discount.

I bought my SSVR through my grandfather's gold card:
SSV Redline
White
Manual
All Blackout bits
Black roof
Black lip spoiler
20" wheels
Sport mats

$48K drive away

Phantom Menace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6 Black Edition Ute
$57k is pretty good, could be better. There's a few on Carsales with a $63k price tag with zero extras and that's not a private sale mind you. I say you're doing well if you can get it under the Holden build price because dealerships always bang on a few extra k. Came across a dealership asking $69k for a stock Xr6t lol meth not even once. I'm going to wait and see what the MY17 brings to the table, if it comes with the heated/cooled seats with memory and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto I'll probably trade my SV6 Black Edition Ute straight back in before it's first birthday lol.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Dealers won't go over the Holden website price, which is un-bargained Recommended Retail Price, unless something is in super high demand & people will pay over; at this time in the year, MY16 Commodores aren't those somethings.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Your "mate" would be making a hefty commission on that if he is offering employee discount.

I bought my SSVR through my grandfather's gold card:
SSV Redline
White
Manual
All Blackout bits
Black roof
Black lip spoiler
20" wheels
Sport mats

$48K drive away

Exactly mate : i always get gold card rates bcos i work there so thats how i was able to get a my16 ssvr with 15k extras for 57k DA : GMH staff discounts r far n above any other discounts u will find anywhere