Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Secondly why would you get Holden to fit non genuine accessories? They're only gonna screw you for extra cash.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I read somewhere that if it's installed before delivery, it's fully covered under warranty.

Not sure how true this is?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
No aftermarket part is covered by warranty. And a catback won't void factory warranty.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
An aftermarket part should be covered under warranty from the manufacturer, not Holden.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
And why is it $380 dollars for an engine cover!? Please don't tell me Holden are cheap skating it on engine covers now... They already stopped painting them..

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Someone paid $3909.10 GST to the ATO out of your 43K.......;)

Not sure what your point is, that is the correct amount of GST for $43k

The only reason Rogan Josh probably did not pay GST is he most likely has a Vets Affairs Pension Gold Card, they usually don't pay GST and Stamp Duty.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Rogan Josh most likely did not pay GST as his car was purchased under a novated lease. Rogan Josh is this the case ??

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Rogan Josh most likely did not pay GST as his car was purchased under a novated lease. Rogan Josh is this the case ??

Yes that's correct, not on a pension of any sort. It's quite legit and above board.. But the Federal Gov't (KRUDD) has taken the advantages away from those who want to do to this now by changing the FBT law. I got in just before they put in proposal to change it and back date it if they get into Gov't at the next Federal election.. :lock::banstick::rofl2:

Also got my cheque for $550 today from Holden Ltd (Cashback as a Collingwood FC member) so it was easy to make money (cost me $50 to join) so that would be another way to get a "good deal"

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Not sure if this is covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it..
I'm curious what kind of deal others have gotten on their VF's?
Simply, because I'm looking at one myself.. Still a little torn between my decision though to upgrade or wait longer (maybe prices might come down.. ?)

I'd like an SSV Sedan. But I'm curious what others are getting price-wise.
I live in Mackay, QLD and the dealer here is pretty much... well, a rip off generally. They always go full RRP. Never budge and then complain they don't sell anything. (The salesperson actually complained to me that Holden fked up this round and they have barely sold any VF's.. Cos that's how you make a sale you nutjob?)

I'd be curious to see what you managed to get in your deal, like exhaust, upgrades etc?
Screenshots of quotes would be awesome too. (With personal details blanked out obviously) :)
If this has been started already feel free to throw me the link!

Without doubt they will come down. Beyond dealer discounts there is nothing else on the table just now. If you can hold out till the new year Holden will start discounting - nothing surer.