Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
haha written by koreans?

Description

QUICK AND EASY FINANCE APPLICATIONS!!! WE IMAGINED A WHOLE NEW WORLD?.. When you proudly wear your heart on your sleeve, knowing that you?re the rival of any. It?s is not ego driven, it simply comes from the desire to be the best at what you do. And that?s to design a car for Australia and the world. That changes perceptions with redefining the thrill and excitement of the drive.

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
This thing about prestige paint is a crock, I have never paid more for a coloured car than a white one.
Get a price of a white car first, then tell them you changed your mind and want a colour.
If they try to sting you for a colour go else where, paint is paint it's all clear over base. Oh while I am here paint protection is also an absolute rip off too.

End rant.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Holden does charge dealers for prestige paint. It's between $467.50 and $473 on a VF. If you've never paid for it before it's likely that the dealer still had margin in the deal to cover the cost, but it is a real charge.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
also place a deposit then go elsewhere, will cost you more than paint did.

i love how people think they have clever ways of getting prices down

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
That SV6 listed is actually a New Car Demo. It's an SV6 Manual Sedan in Black with a rear spoiler and full size alloy spare. I've just looked the VIN up in our Holden System (called SOM).

It was built in July 2013, so an initial allocation vehicle that's likely sat at the dealership for 9 months! They've put it through to Used Cars, which means it can now be advertised on Carsales (something which regular New car Stock is now banned from).

At $27,990 it's a massive burn by the dealership, but after it's been in stock for 9 months you'd be pretty desperate to sell. SV6 Manual's are hard work.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Holden doesn't allow dealers to advertise new and demo inventory on any place other than their own website.

There is only generic listings generally on carsales etc. Demo's can only be advertised on carsales if they were registered last year and they don't get any of the current bonuses that Holden is offering. A car registered this year has to have been registered for 6 months and have a minimum of 4,000kms before it can be transferred to used cars and then it can be advertised.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
With regards to the car, I rang the dealer to be advised that it was not a new car; that it was a Holden company car with 15,000 km. Also it has been sold.