Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The VIN they have listed is for a black manual SV6 sedan that was registered as a demo by that dealership in December last year. The car was built last July.

If it was a Holden company car it would have come up as CVO and the state it was based in originally.

The other identifier that they have listed is a GMON RYOEAA. A lot of dealers use the GMON as the stock number. That GMON doesn't match the VIN listed. RYOEAA is the GMON of a white CD Malibu, which have a current campaign price of $27990. I'd say someone has just stuffed up and put some wrong details in somewhere....

As for the LPG photos, Holden provide those studios photos for us to use and they clearly state that they are not of the actual vehicle for sale.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
The VIN they have listed is for a black manual SV6 sedan that was registered as a demo by that dealership in December last year. The car was built last July.

If it was a Holden company car it would have come up as CVO and the state it was based in originally.

The other identifier that they have listed is a GMON RYOEAA. A lot of dealers use the GMON as the stock number. That GMON doesn't match the VIN listed. RYOEAA is the GMON of a white CD Malibu, which have a current campaign price of $27990. I'd say someone has just stuffed up and put some wrong details in somewhere....

As for the LPG photos, Holden provide those studios photos for us to use and they clearly state that they are not of the actual vehicle for sale.

Thanks for the info. When I saw the ad, I thought it too good to be true, so I checked up. I wonder if the car has been sold like they claim as well. Maybe I should go for a drive and see?

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
That SV6 listed is actually a New Car Demo. It's an SV6 Manual Sedan in Black with a rear spoiler and full size alloy spare. I've just looked the VIN up in our Holden System (called SOM).

It was built in July 2013, so an initial allocation vehicle that's likely sat at the dealership for 9 months! They've put it through to Used Cars, which means it can now be advertised on Carsales (something which regular New car Stock is now banned from).

At $27,990 it's a massive burn by the dealership, but after it's been in stock for 9 months you'd be pretty desperate to sell. SV6 Manual's are hard work.

I just read the last couple of posts and pretty much had a heart attack....

On Wednesday I picked up the same car, a black VF SV6 Manual with spoiler for $38K. I literally ran to check the VIN to make sure it wasnt mine.

LooLoo18

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6
Hi Guys Im new to this site
Im looking at a VFSSV Sportwagan must say very impressed with the VF as Im a ford man
I will be looking at getting 1 in a month or 2 does anyone know if a seriesII is in the near future should I hold of for the next series?
What $$ can I expect to pay for VFSSV with tow pack,window tint and roof racks will Holden throw these in on the deal?

Thanks

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
One thing to do is get on carsales and onto some dealers websites and see what they are being advertised for. The prices can be all over the place but go and find the cheapest one you can and use that price as a good indication on what you should be able to get one for, then try and negotiate the inclusions you want as well.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
VF MY15 is due soonish, probably within the next 3 to 4 months. With the current environment of no factory bonuses it would be your best interests to wait a little. Of course they probably will pay a factory bonus on MY14 once the MY15 is available, but know knows how much stock will be around by that stage and what that bonus will actually be on individual models. On a car like the SSV Wagon which is low volume, don't expect it to be much.

All I know is that at least 2 new colours will be introduced, Jungle Fever (very similar to Hothouse Green from Series 1 VY Commodores) and Some Like it Hot (metallic red similar to Sizzle from VE Series 2, but has a touch of orange to it).

Expect to pay early $50's plus your accessories for an SSV Wagon. If a dealer has a demo or the car is physically in stock they might do a better deal, but each State runs different programs from time to time so many factors will influence what you'll actually be able to negotiate (I'm from Perth).

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
I find it interesting that there are no factory bonuses at the moment. Perhaps they are directing the bonuses towards selected Commodore owners instead. I have just received a personal offer in the mail for a choice of half price V8 upgrade, half price V-series upgrade, free Sportswagon upgrade, free auto upgrade or $1,500 cashback.

Trouble is I have two Commodores, one 13 months old and the other even younger.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
They want to try and protect resale values by not actively discounting new cars. These targeted offers don't work but. It's only a matter of time before they start to offer bonuses on the VF, because it will start to slow up even more. The fact that it's been 12 months without any real bonuses is a surprise to me. It's never happened before.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I find it interesting that there are no factory bonuses at the moment. Perhaps they are directing the bonuses towards selected Commodore owners instead. I have just received a personal offer in the mail for a choice of half price V8 upgrade, half price V-series upgrade, free Sportswagon upgrade, free auto upgrade or $1,500 cashback.

Trouble is I have two Commodores, one 13 months old and the other even younger.

I recieved this to, question is though do they take the "half price upgrade" off only a full retail price purchase or can you walk in an ask for a storm SV6 ute which is i think $35990 drive away
and expect to get the SS Storm ute for $38k etc as its a half price upgrade?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Yes you should get an SS storm manual ute for $3,250 more than the advertised storm price.

If a dealer is presented with an original letter they can claim a bonus from Holden, which covers some of the cost of the upgrade. The rest comes out of our margins. On some specific deals it basically leaves us with no room to move at all. Dealers have to be careful what prices are quoted at the moment, because if you give a customer a really discounted price and then they come back with one of those VF upgrade letters it becomes very difficult , because the dealer has to contribute half of the cost of the upgrade!