Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

timcarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V W310
Mate that is pretty damm good. Congrats on the new ride. My local dealer didnt budge of the W310 pack @ $6490 so you did well there getting it down to 5k before you took the $1250 off. Basically you got the W310 for the cost of the power pack. However I did get a brand new redhot redline through a fam member who has been working at holden for 30+ years, so I can see why they didnt budge haha!
But anyways, congrats on your purchase!

I thought I got a good deal. With the W310 pack, the sales guy said "The way he's done the invoice, the more commission he gets". I don't really care, as long as I got a good deal! If you want to be technical about it all, the W310 really cost $5,000 still, but I looked at it that the $1,250 work discount I got, can come off that. Even though it really didn't. I pick the car up this Wednesday cant bloody wait! The only thing I was a bit nervous about is the Xpack. I paid $800 for it, but they reckon if the cars paint fades or gets damaged from natural things EG tree sap, bugs, bird **** and so on, they'll respray the car for free. Lifetime warranty. They wanted $2,000 with tint and told them I wasn't interested in the tint just inside and out protection. Oh well, if I got ripped off there, I did well everywhere else lol!

jon_brevad

Reaction score
I thought I got a good deal. With the W310 pack, the sales guy said "The way he's done the invoice, the more commission he gets". I don't really care, as long as I got a good deal! If you want to be technical about it all, the W310 really cost $5,000 still, but I looked at it that the $1,250 work discount I got, can come off that. Even though it really didn't. I pick the car up this Wednesday cant bloody wait! The only thing I was a bit nervous about is the Xpack. I paid $800 for it, but they reckon if the cars paint fades or gets damaged from natural things EG tree sap, bugs, bird **** and so on, they'll respray the car for free. Lifetime warranty. They wanted $2,000 with tint and told them I wasn't interested in the tint just inside and out protection. Oh well, if I got ripped off there, I did well everywhere else lol!

I was in the market for a VF SSV manual, but after driving the Redline it was all over. Redline all the way now... I had a quote originally for the standard Red SSV manual with spoiler, mats, tint (spare wheel supplied with MY14) for about $48,300. He told me at the time that its 6 grand extra for the Redline and thats about it. I haven't been back to press because I'm really not sure if the Redline has a bigger margin to move on where the dealer is concerned. I also just learned from a friend who works at Holden's that I can get a $4000 discount for 'friends' factory bonus through him...

Not sure if I could be cheeky and get the agreed price of $54300 for the Redline and then try get the factory discount taken from that. Depends if the $4000 off comes out of the dealer's margin or if its purely the factory taking the hit on the discount. I guess I'll just have to ask the question next time I go in there...

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I just bought a ss storm ute in manual
Pick it up on the 27th of May
Car as standard as I can do the extras ie. cat back exhaust and lowering cheaper than they can offer
All in all the car on road cost me $37500 with the promotion letter.
I think I did pretty bloody well personally
Now just have to wait a week though so I'm not to impressed but at that price I can be patient
Cheers

Did you haggle a price and then show the letter or overall thats what they could do for you?

cheers

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
I screwed them down to get rid of all the on roads costs
the car is ticketed for $39490 without the metalic paint and all the extra costs
Once I got them to there then I produced the letter.
I'm a sales manager and knew that if I produced the letter first up they would only get rid of the on roads.
To be fair though I had to go to two different holdens to get the price I wanted as well, but being in Sydney its literally like 2 km's away from each other

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
A workmate of mine told me his mate traded in a ve Calais v6 with 80k on the clock and in pristine condition, this week on an sv6 manual ute. $ 30k change over! Jeez! That means the poor bloke only got about 7 k for his Calais ! That was at wangaratta Holden, my local dealer. Was thinking of trading my ve ute for a new redline. Can't seem to generate any interest for it on carsales, but after hearing this story it looks like my 60th anniversary ve ute will be my last Holden!

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
A workmate of mine told me his mate traded in a ve Calais v6 with 80k on the clock and in pristine condition, this week on an sv6 manual ute. $ 30k change over! Jeez! That means the poor bloke only got about 7 k for his Calais ! That was at wangaratta Holden, my local dealer. Was thinking of trading my ve ute for a new redline. Can't seem to generate any interest for it on carsales, but after hearing this story it looks like my 60th anniversary ve ute will be my last Holden!
Yea mate the dealers prey off it, their bread and butter. Dirt low price for the convenience of getting rid of it.
They offered me 9 for my 06 VZ SS ute with 70k km on the clock. Said no way and after 3 months on car sales sold it for 16k.
Persistence paid off but I can see the temptation to just get rid of it

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Well that sounds like a happy ending! I don't ever wanna trade mine in because I know they would rip me off. I sold my vz thunder ute on carsales in two weeks for 22 k back in 2008 , was happy with that. I have a ve 60th anniversary manual ute in phantom black, 72 k on the clock, hump back hard top and tow pack ( never actually towed anything ) on there now for $ 19k. Its unmarked and pristine!
Was on there for 21 for three months so I dropped the price, still no interest from anyone but the usual scammers.
Just can't figure why there's no interest other than no ones buying right now

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Hate to say it on a commodore forum, but the demand for Holden's, especially 2nd hand is simply nowhere near where it was 5-10 years ago. I'm no expert by any means but it's pretty obvious.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Hate to say it on a commodore forum, but the demand for Holden's, especially 2nd hand is simply nowhere near where it was 5-10 years ago. I'm no expert by any means but it's pretty obvious.

Hate to say it but I get the feeling you are right! Sometimes I think its because there are so many brand new cars going cheap these days that the second hand market is totally stuffed!

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
I screwed them down to get rid of all the on roads costs
the car is ticketed for $39490 without the metalic paint and all the extra costs
Once I got them to there then I produced the letter.
I'm a sales manager and knew that if I produced the letter first up they would only get rid of the on roads.
To be fair though I had to go to two different holdens to get the price I wanted as well, but being in Sydney its literally like 2 km's away from each other

What's this letter, and where can I get one?