Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thought what heck, don't need two floor jacks so popped it on FB Buy and sell.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Thought what heck, don't need two floor jacks so popped it on FB Buy and sell.
May as well, after all “no work and no ploy makes your Jack a dull toy”:)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Played apprentice to the old man and since he was modifying my car trailer, it’s probably the least I could do

Trailer now has rust repair’s done, more tie downs and new barrier frame. Just got to sus the best thing to wrap the frame in. My shadecloth/trampoline mat idea has been shot down.

If you have more ideas throw them at me.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Played apprentice to the old man and since he was modifying my car trailer, it’s probably the least I could do

Trailer now has rust repair’s done, more tie downs and new barrier frame. Just got to sus the best thing to wrap the frame in. My shadecloth/trampoline mat idea has been shot down.

If you have more ideas throw them at me.
I thought you where going to tell us, your father put a v8 in it, instead of on it. ;) :):cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had my pastor weld my trailer around 10 days ago. I need to transfer the rego from SA to Tasmania and as it was it wasn't going to pass the inspection. I had decent thick chain but all trailers now have to have rated chain. I believe this is a national requirement now. I also had to grind out my lame attempt at stick welding a mounting plate for the coupling and have it properly welded with a mig. All I have left to do is fit the reflectors. I believe this is also a part of the national code for trailers now.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
When I picked up my old man's trailer from the shippers I noticed extra reflectors on it, mandatory in Europe he said. Kinda makes sense when you see it, I'm adding extra's on mine now and some extra side markers to aid visibility for night use.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Had my pastor weld my trailer around 10 days ago. I need to transfer the rego from SA to Tasmania and as it was it wasn't going to pass the inspection. I had decent thick chain but all trailers now have to have rated chain. I believe this is a national requirement now. I also had to grind out my lame attempt at stick welding a mounting plate for the coupling and have it properly welded with a mig. All I have left to do is fit the reflectors. I believe this is also a part of the national code for trailers now.
It’s an existing once registered trailer so surely it doesn’t need to be upgraded to new construction rules for reregistration?

If that’s the case for trailers, which I doubt, it’s likely the same case for cars so how the heck would people reregister old 1960’s vehicles that don’t meet any current safety or pollution laws?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It’s an existing once registered trailer so surely it doesn’t need to be upgraded to new construction rules for reregistration?

If that’s the case for trailers, which I doubt, it’s likely the same case for cars so how the heck would people reregister old 1960’s vehicles that don’t meet any current safety or pollution laws?
I can assure you it is. I spoke to the inspection station and he has told me it won't pass unless I rectify the things I mentioned.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It may still not pass as it does not have a VIN or chassis number. I'm not sure how it works in Tasmania but some states will issue a new chassis number. But the states that do that you have to go to the Gov run inspection station. I don't know of any Gov run inspection stations operating in Tas anymore.