Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
has a safety lock. now that earthquakes have been mentioned I might have a new worry, but prior to that I didn't have any worries outside of 'what was on top was a leaky boi or not'

I thought you guys were into more biblical disasters? Fires and floods?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

2iLW.gif

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Swept the floor because had the car out of it.

Thought about future plans, probably involving insulating it, internally lining it and a few other "nice to have tools" to add in over the long run.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Started a mini spring clean. The front of the garage got flooded last big storm when I had the gutter down-pipe off for painting and a drain channel in front of the garage got blocked with leaf litter. Fortunately I caught it early so the flooding was only minor.

Got lots of old VN parts to clean, sort, pack and store away for the time being, other **** from when the kids were little to sell off and make more room for more car parts :)

Aslo had a whole lot of **** that belongs to my old man that can go back to him now he's back living in NZ. Yippy, more room....

If I can make enough room I can build myself a welding bench from the stack steel tube I picked up a few years ago :)

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Swept the floor because had the car out of it.

Thought about future plans, probably involving insulating it, internally lining it and a few other "nice to have tools" to add in over the long run.

I want to do the same but I have to re-do all the plumbing first and some re-wiring before I can do any lining work. It's part of the long term plan.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Started building the gantry. Worst of it is done. I wasn't sure the bro in law and myself could pull it off. Getting it in the air was the hardest part. The temporary brace made it possible, as there was nothing to support the end on the upright except three bugal screws.

Now I need to remove the temporary brace. Cut another that screws to the shed rafter brace to prevent the wobble up top and hang the chain block. For now though it's in a place where it won't be a problem for the hoist installer.

20220709_124341_resized.jpg

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Started building the gantry. Worst of it is done. I wasn't sure the bro in law and myself could pull it off. Getting it in the air was the hardest part. The temporary brace made it possible, as there was nothing to support the end on the upright except three bugal screws.

Now I need to remove the temporary brace. Cut another that screws to the shed rafter brace to prevent the wobble up top and hang the chain block. For now though it's in a place where it won't be a problem for the hoist installer.

View attachment 239810
Be careful with your ladder. You never want to come off one of those and end up going face first through a workbench or slab
A few people I know have actually done that recently!! :(