Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I fitted a set of custom-milled gauge rings to my E1 HSV Pod surround, and did a Centre muffler delete. the Rasp is way too high, so Plan on going back in with some glasspacks and a crossover box delete and a proper cross pipe. Putting the cross closer to the headers and the glasspacks further down the pipe. 18" should do the trick :)

I like the loudness of the centre muffler delete but hate the rasp. The glasspacks should ideally smooth the sound out.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Changed the oil on the Cross6.
Despite having done it about 10 times, and knowing what is going to happen, I still get hot oil everywhere because when the sump plug comes off, the oil hits some sort of pressure line next to the drain hole, and splashes all around, before I get the drain pan in place.

And the good ole Aussie Ryco filter is made in China. :( Never noticed that before. What filters are made in Aus ? None ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gen filters are the go, or Wix are good too.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Gen filters are the go, or Wix are good too.

Couldn't find any reference to Gen, and Wix seem to be Ebay only. Repco, Ryco and SCA are probably all the same in a different box.
Was trying (in vain) to support the dwindling Aussie manufacturing base for a future purchase.

Also, after speaking to my regular mechanic today about flushing the power steering reservoir and replacing the leaking hoses that I found, he is having trouble getting parts, with Holden winding down, Covid, and nothing coming in from Victoria. Time to trade the Crewie for a Great Wally ?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Despite having done it about 10 times, and knowing what is going to happen, I still get hot oil everywhere because when the sump plug comes off, the oil hits some sort of pressure line next to the drain hole, and splashes all around, before I get the drain pan in place.

And the good ole Aussie Ryco filter is made in China. :( Never noticed that before. What filters are made in Aus ? None ?

Don't know where they're made but I still go to Holden for oil filters and sump pug bolts/ washers.
I probably need to go buy a heap of each = for the future.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Just going by that you wrote do you take the oil filler cap off before you drain?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
dropped of a powersteering line to the workshop that's rebuilding all of the things for me, hopefully that's it now, and I get the Senator back tomorrow after 3 weeks in the shop.

Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
dropped of a powersteering line to the workshop that's rebuilding all of the things for me, hopefully that's it now, and I get the Senator back tomorrow after 3 weeks in the shop.

spoke too early. another drama. kill me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Couldn't find any reference to Gen, and Wix seem to be Ebay only. Repco, Ryco and SCA are probably all the same in a different box.
No gen filters at the stealer? Delcowizzed recommended Wix to me. Spares Box carries them.