Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
It automatically calcs in there how far it is out from ideal, which is good but also a pain when it suddenly thinks you have a flat, but see it sitting at 36psi.

When i havent driven for a while often the tyres are at about 32psi.
When it was the colder temps it struggled to get above 36psi, however when warmer itll be up around 38psi.

Thats if i dont pump them up.
Often will go put 36psi in when cold. And if its a nice day the pressures will go up to 40-42.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
It automatically calcs in there how far it is out from ideal, which is good but also a pain when it suddenly thinks you have a flat, but see it sitting at 36psi.

When i havent driven for a while often the tyres are at about 32psi.
When it was the colder temps it struggled to get above 36psi, however when warmer itll be up around 38psi.

Thats if i dont pump them up.
Often will go put 36psi in when cold. And if its a nice day the pressures will go up to 40-42.

Cheers mate

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Today I loaded up the Ute with all the engine parts for the vh. I had planned to drive to Gatton (40k) to get it assembled. As I had to take the puppy for her 12 month injections this morning and had a doctors appointment this afternoon I decided to delay the trip until tomorrow. This morning we went into lockdown for three days so that means it will be eight days until I make the trip assuming we come out of lockdown. That's life.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Today I loaded up the Ute with all the engine parts for the vh. I had planned to drive to Gatton (40k) to get it assembled. As I had to take the puppy for her 12 month injections this morning and had a doctors appointment this afternoon I decided to delay the trip until tomorrow. This morning we went into lockdown for three days so that means it will be eight days until I make the trip assuming we come out of lockdown. That's life.

I thought just Brissy metro was in lockdown, rather than Ipswich and outer areas

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Greater Brisbane, includes Ipswich.
”We are programmed to receive, you can check out any time you like. But you can never leave” :p

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Spent $150 on car seats that I fitted, looked at, hated, then removed.

I gave them to the boy to see if they fit his patrol.

Reactions: Lex

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sent my memcal for the VH to Ace performance. Should be back by Wednesday. A step closer. I won't know myself when it's back on the road.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
You might well ask. Number of reasons (read excuses). The only reason that the car is off the road is due to a recurring issue of bad workmanship. The car is in to be repainted because the last paint job I had done was too rough. The engine has been out more times than I care to remember . The last two times for leaking rear seal. Prior to that it was due to camshafts being incorrectly installed and ruining the motor. Other than the paint job and the engine the car is finished.

Then there is the me factor. I am pretty much computer illiterate as I have mentioned in a previous post. How I was able to get the picture of my VE up astounded me and I have no idea how I managed to do it. I had hoped to enroll in a computer course for oldies but with the Covid
issue everything is on hold. Our latest lockdown hasn't helped. However if I do managed to enroll in a computer class I will put up photos.

The car itself. 1983 vh sle. 355 vp stroker. Come racing twin throttle body. Pocket ported cylinder heads with 2.02, 1.60 valves. Beehive springs. Camtech 248 520 cam (to be installed). 4 speed auto. The suspension is finished. Camber caster kit, Koni's, coilovers on the front, 4 pot HSV GTS callipers front and rear. 18" ANZ rims with re 003 tyres. 30 mm front roll bar, I think the rear is 19 mm. Strut brace.