Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You might well ask. Number of reasons (read excuses). The only reason that the car is off the road is due to a recurring issue of bad workmanship. The car is in to be repainted because the last paint job I had done was too rough. The engine has been out more times than I care to remember . The last two times for leaking rear seal. Prior to that it was due to camshafts being incorrectly installed and ruining the motor. Other than the paint job and the engine the car is finished.

Then there is the me factor. I am pretty much computer illiterate as I have mentioned in a previous post. How I was able to get the picture of my VE up astounded me and I have no idea how I managed to do it. I had hoped to enroll in a computer course for oldies but with the Covid
issue everything is on hold. Our latest lockdown hasn't helped. However if I do managed to enroll in a computer class I will put up photos.

The car itself. 1983 vh sle. 355 vp stroker. Come racing twin throttle body. Pocket ported cylinder heads with 2.02, 1.60 valves. Beehive springs. Camtech 248 520 cam (to be installed). 4 speed auto. The suspension is finished. Camber caster kit, Koni's, coilovers on the front, 4 pot HSV GTS callipers front and rear. 18" ANZ rims with re 003 tyres. 30 mm front roll bar, I think the rear is 19 mm. Strut brace.

Certainly needs pics.

Hoping you can get them up in time.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
New front brake pads and bleed/flushed the system, Forsa FP2 pads went in, greased the slides and rear of pad where it meets the pad, not sure if I needed to grease the surface where the piston sits on the rear of the pad, but I did, only a little.

And the only reason I greased the piston was that the shims that come with new pads don't fit, well, 1 shim will fit, but not both, yes, even when the pistons are fully in, the manual doesn't call for shims, and there were no shims in there previously.

Brakes have always been nice and quite

The FP2 is replacing the QFM HPX that was in there, the QFM pads were down to about 5mm each

I've just bed in the FP2 and they seem fine

Will try the Forsa FP1 in the rear when they come up for a change, the QFM HPX currently in the rear have about 8mm on them

https://brakesdirect.com.au/forza

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
New front brake pads and bleed/flushed the system, Forsa FP2 pads went in, greased the slides and rear of pad where it meets the pad, not sure if I needed to grease the surface where the piston sits on the rear of the pad, but I did, only a little.

And the only reason I greased the piston was that the shims that come with new pads don't fit, well, 1 shim will fit, but not both, yes, even when the pistons are fully in, the manual doesn't call for shims, and there were no shims in there previously.

Brakes have always been nice and quite

The FP2 is replacing the QFM HPX that was in there, the QFM pads were down to about 5mm each

I've just bed in the FP2 and they seem fine

Will try the Forsa FP1 in the rear when they come up for a change, the QFM HPX currently in the rear have about 8mm on them

https://brakesdirect.com.au/forza
Forsa are a good pad, little bit dusty but that is only a minor inconvenience. Head and shoulders above the standard pad.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Spent $150 on car seats that I fitted, looked at, hated, then removed.

I gave them to the boy to see if they fit his patrol.

The front seat covers fit the GU like they were made for them

The rear seat cover is "in the bin"

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Drove it a few kms.
Can certainly see how many cars oveheat while waiting in lines for entries into car shows.
In the 10-15mins while driving about 400m into a local display i was looking at the tyre pressure sensors and their temps.
When i got in they were around 24c.
Up the road they got to about 32c.
The rears stayed at that figure and the fronts got up to around 50c, all from the radiant heat in the bay.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You might well ask. Number of reasons (read excuses). The only reason that the car is off the road is due to a recurring issue of bad workmanship. The car is in to be repainted because the last paint job I had done was too rough. The engine has been out more times than I care to remember . The last two times for leaking rear seal. Prior to that it was due to camshafts being incorrectly installed and ruining the motor. Other than the paint job and the engine the car is finished.

Then there is the me factor. I am pretty much computer illiterate as I have mentioned in a previous post. How I was able to get the picture of my VE up astounded me and I have no idea how I managed to do it. I had hoped to enroll in a computer course for oldies but with the Covid
issue everything is on hold. Our latest lockdown hasn't helped. However if I do managed to enroll in a computer class I will put up photos.

The car itself. 1983 vh sle. 355 vp stroker. Come racing twin throttle body. Pocket ported cylinder heads with 2.02, 1.60 valves. Beehive springs. Camtech 248 520 cam (to be installed). 4 speed auto. The suspension is finished. Camber caster kit, Koni's, coilovers on the front, 4 pot HSV GTS callipers front and rear. 18" ANZ rims with re 003 tyres. 30 mm front roll bar, I think the rear is 19 mm. Strut brace.

Sounds good like a decent Street Comms build of the 1990's-2000 era...throw some hsv or late model holden rims instead of outdated ANZ rims.

What colour/trim?

Did oil change on sv8 daily...bled brakes on ute & mucked around with bilge blowers/demister setup.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Sounds good like a decent Street Comms build of the 1990's-2000 era...throw some hsv or late model holden rims instead of outdated ANZ rims.

What colour/trim?

Did oil change on sv8 daily...bled brakes on ute & mucked around with bilge blowers/demister setup.
I did have VE SS series I rims on it that came off a 2007 Ute I owned, they were fine until I put coilovers on the front. They wouldn't clear the coilovers. The rims I have now came off a VT clubsport that I used to own. A local tyre place took some of the chrome off the wheels when putting new tyres on it so I got some VX wheels for the clubsport. I had the first set of wheels powdercoated black and they look good on the VH. I like them. The front seats are Recaro and the back I had recovered in black leather. All of the interior trim is now a light brown, looks alot better than the original colour. The car is being painted Holden venetian red. It is not the correct colour for that year but I like it and that is good enough for me.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
spent the weekend doing a tank clean & restore on the VP using the KBS kit.
hope it comes out okay. hopefully can refit & refuel it friday else will be next week before I get to test if it worked okay.
the tank was nasty af. had to scrap the sender and I only fitted a new fuel pump in the last 12 months or so, but it wasnt driven at all so the state of the tank just killed the new pump & the sender while it sat.

any tips for flushing the whole fuel system? all of this **** has been dragged through before I realised the state of the tank.

IMG_0307.jpeg

IMG_0309.jpeg