Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I fitted the lock to the boot on the VH this morning. What a pain getting the circlip to fit. I took the boot lid off and brought it inside. It was not to bad to get it to fit then. If I had left it in place I might still be trying to get it to fit. Someone at Holden must have had a quaint sense of humour when they designed or had a special tool for the job.

I feel your pain...That is a pain in the ass job....

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Tried cleaning & sorting out garage better so hopefully one day can get back to working on one of chrome bumper cars...couple hours later made messed it all up again working on different car wasn't meant to touch & house stuff lol

Reactions: Lex

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Yesterday cleaned it.
Today used it to carey some things and sussed out the fuel economy since the tune and found highway driving is not bad (was worried the economy was up the creek, but it was due to some city type driving).
And then found out the new exhaust arrived to the local shop, so booked in a date for them to fit it up (im lazy with these things).

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Tested new lights on the way to work:

Original :

PXL_20210627_204048023.jpg

New Lo Beams
PXL_20210704_203259701.jpg

New Hi Beams

PXL_20210704_203318030.jpg

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I had mislaid the boot badge that came off my VH, no matter where I looked it moved somewhere else. Lo and behold I found a new one. For the life of me I can't remember when I bought it. I was able to get one of the nuts to fit but have no idea how to get the other one on. I gave up on that, it doesn't move so that will have to do.

Now that the car has been painted the engine bay wiring has to be tidied up. I could do the wiring but not the tidy up. I have found a mobile auto sparky who will come around next week and sort it out for me. I won't know myself when it's up and running. I am reluctant to put a time frame on it but hopefully it won't be long.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Uncle fester

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs ute 2004 vy exc sedan 3.8
i just hooked the trans lines back up to the radiator...

what did you do?
Replaced a trans line to bottom of radiatior checked auto trans fluid started her up then went back inside.. raining again winter

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Scangauge 2 install, well...I plugged it in and used some of the supplied velcro

20210708_154251.thumb.jpg.810d11bb6140684aa3966e497edb951e.jpg

Wanted to monitor some stuff and to see how my temps are going in my trans

Bugger

The trans doesn't in fact have a trans temp sensor, no trans temp for me thru the OBD2....spoke to Craigs about this and they believe my temps would be fine anyway as the trans has a big pan and a big air to oil cooler, I asked about if cold fluid temps would cause an issue and they said as long as the engine is at temp the trans will be fine.

Meh, the scanner showed no codes though, which was nice

I'm still happy with what it actually can do

Currently it got volts, coolant temp, IAT and boost

I wish I had this when 1. My alternator died, or 2. When my battery died 6 months later..

IAT goes from about 50°c cruising to 80°c during a long hard pull down the local strip at work, hot yes, but hot IAT is a thing with a PD supercharger, you cannot really tell the difference in performance and the ECU black magic deals with it anyway, #notaracecar, soooooo, if my IAT vary from this I may have a coolant flow issue to the W2A intercooler

This tells me that a PD supercharger is great for the street and strip, where a 5 to 10 second hit is all that is needed, but it would be rubbish for the track where you are constantly on the loud pedal, I would assume heat soak would be rampant after 1/2 a lap at your local motorsport park, and possibly the same for towing...maybe.....

Coolant temps are a fairly fixed 93° c once up to temp

And PD boost is boost, unlike a turbo which can overboost, the PD blower either blows, or it doesn't, and of it ain't blowing it's because it's dropped a belt