Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Finally got the car back

Results

Everything fits under the bonnet

A little more NVH from the Tuff Mounts, but nothing that annoys me, and it is really only noticeable at idle

New Walbro intank pump only, but the tank, lines, injectors and wiring harness was all cleaned and/or replaced

Driving home, with the cabin aircon on, the IAT was at 40°c, before, on a hwy run, it sat on 50°c, typical traffic temps were 50-55°c

When I got stuck in slow traffic for about 5 km the IAT was still at 40°c, before that it would have been at 70°c stuck in traffic

After shutting down the car for about 1/2 hour the IAT was at 65°c on start up, it took less than 5 minutes to bring it back down to 40°c

I'm curious about how it will go when I press the blue switch, which isolates the cabin aircon and sends to the chiller only

Dyno thingie because internets

I've also got some Toyo R888R 275/40 17 to fit up, because the 255/40 17 RS4 fail miserably when giving it some beens, both from the dig as well as rolling on from 60kph

Will hit WSID soon, Spiro from Autotech said it just needs drag radials for a high 10, he laughed when I said I was putting on 275 R888R's to replace the RS4's, he said they won't hold and I need "real" drag radials in 275/40 17

Meh, tax time is coming up, and that is like free money

20220503_184107.thumb.jpg.60e64559495df29675264faae4cfc946.jpg
Do the hard mounts make a difference for the engine? As in does the lesser dampening cause more wear or is it of no consequence?

Also once off idle, is there not too much difference? Have I got that right?

Also good to hear you finally have the clearance sorted. Well done.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Do the hard mounts make a difference for the engine? As in does the lesser dampening cause more wear or is it of no consequence?

Also once off idle, is there not too much difference? Have I got that right?

Also good to hear you finally have the clearance sorted. Well done.

Engine doesn't care about how it's mounted, it could be solids and the engine wouldn't care

Whilst the added NVH is noticeable to me at idle, off idle the NVH is hardly noticeable, to the point when the Mrs and kids were in it the other day going for a cruise no one made comment

As for the interchiller, it seems that the aircon mods had a pinhole leak, that is why my IAT were at 40°c, it was fixed pretty much straight away with a new condenser, my IAT now pretty much slowly raise to.........25°c.........and sits there........ yeap, it has halved my IAT

To say that I'm impressed would be an understatement

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Had a few bulbs out, all replaced and I can see dials again.

PSX_20220511_113423.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Something doesn't look right? VS dash and shifter but some wild upgrades to the left. How did you manage that in a VS Acclaim?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'll grab a day time shot later

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It's dirty as, and while it's in use, needs some more work to finish it off.

Basically a cut and shut of 2 consoles, making easy room for 7" screen. It's a monitor only and about 2" deep. Clears the heater controls no worries with maybe another inch to spare. Rear cam and humidity to the pc in the boot
Window above the hvac controls is my air shock pressure.

Last edited:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Phect has always been a genius with the tech side of things.
Still remember him talking about the Pico computer for data logging many many moons ago (using a flip up screen at the time).

Looking at the weather to see if i drive one of the cars tomorrow.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Rather than just today and I will get to that. When I went to fit the lower control arms on the vh one of the new ball joints fell out. Not really all that keen on welding them so I bought new control arms. They arrived last Monday. I have fitted them, can't say it is a job I would like to do that often.

In the last week we have had a lot of rain and as a result of that we have had to sweep water out of the garage. All I had stacked up against the wall including the rotors and pads had to be moved. I have turned the garage figuratively speaking upside down to try and find one of the brake pads. The wife and I have spent hours trying to find it. So today I rung Repco, $145 for Bendix ultimates. I rung Supercheap and with quite a bit of trouble told the person that I wanted pads for a HSV vx gtr, no the numberplate wouldn't help as they were not going on a vx. They came up with a price of $80 and did have them in stock. So I went to Supercheap not only did they not have them nobody knew who had taken the call. However they could get them for $140. Next stop Bursons. Bendix ultimates have been replaced by Bendix ultimate plus so the old stock was at a discount price of $51. They will arrive on Monday afternoon. That's ok as I'm not taking the car out anytime soon with the weather we have being having lately.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
400 hwy km run to lunch with the daughter

Seen a few VX VY VZ SS out for a run which was nice

Car is covered in all of the dead bugs

It will only get a quick wash as it is doing the same run next week

It will be filthy by the end of it, which will require a day of therapy (washing/detailing the car) to fix