Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
What is it? Can't see it. Image is to small.

RaceTCS V2 racing traction control - Racelogic alternative​

A guy I know with a LS swapped R33 Skyline who uses and rates them highly, he is more circuit work, but for just mashing the loud pedal he reckons these things can limit wheel spin by cutting injectors, extremely well

It works by getting signals from the front and rear ABS signals, you dial it in by adjusting the slip % difference between the front and rear wheels

It Basically stops injectors firing, so if you are making too much power and your slip gets more than, say, 5% different from front to rear, it pulls a injector, or 2 injectors, or 3, or 4, until the slip parameters are meet, it then lets more injectors fire once it meets the set traction parameters

You have 6 settings of varying slip, and off, for skids

This is the black magic that F1 and drag racers have been usings for years

You still need to dial in traction in relation to the rubber your using and the track surface for the best result, but it works 1000 x faster at doing it than my right foot

It should help me get the best 60ft for what I'm running wherever I'm running it, whether it's a prepped drag strip, or a wet road

https://sklep.danysc.pl/en_US/p/RaceTCS-V2-racing-traction-control-Racelogic-alternative/307

I was going to by a Haltech 2500 +T, which controls traction control by torque management thru timing, but the difference in price for a stsnd alobe ECU and a plug in is extreme to say the least

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I finally got round to changing both fuel filters with the VC today to see if it solved a fuel delivery problem.....The back one was clogged and the front one is a water trap style, that had a heap of crud in it too....To my surprise it did fix it, so a nice cheap fix....

I also found the problem with my fuel pump....A main power wire to a relay had been kinked and I suspect had a couple of broken strands in that wire....So I cut and joined it at the kink and now the pump is spinning quicker than it did before....

So now I have a brand new fuel pump here that I bought for no particular reason, other than being prepared to replace the old one if it was cactus...

Now all I have left to do is get the inclination up to take the motor out and fit the new sump gasket that I stuffed up a couple of weeks ago...

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Finally buttoned up the f150 Manuel conversion done and clevo all cammed up and nice and lumpy can't get it to not ping on 91 under 20 degrees in timing so may chase that up but sitting at 1\4 on the gauge so not heating up

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I spent yesterday driving around the Newcastle and surrounds area 'shopping'. ( Got the Monaro wet.)
After my 'shopping' failures earlier in the week, I started looking for Aussie Holdens and Falcons they are conspicuous by their lack of numbers on the road.
VE/VF are the most numerous, but greatly outnumbered by SUVs and small Koreans. Falcons are rare as.
As for the last of the imitation Holdens .......... ZB, Arcadia, Equinox, Malibu, Astra ...... less than Falcons, .......... nowhere.

Excluding the diehard old fart fans on this forum, methinks Australians have ditched Holden big time as a conveyance, and it has only been 5 years since Commodore and less than 2 years since the final death rattle.
If I was to be honest, I see quite a few Commodores still around (VZ/VE/VF) but before that, they've all disappeared!

I see more AU Falcons (And vintage Falcons) than VT/VX Commodores (And vintage Commodores)

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
If I was to be honest, I see quite a few Commodores still around (VZ/VE/VF) but before that, they've all disappeared!

I see more AU Falcons (And vintage Falcons) than VT/VX Commodores (And vintage Commodores)
I see significantly more VT - VF commodores here than old falcons and a significant amount of them in general. I do live in a bogan town though.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I see significantly more VT - VF commodores here than old falcons and a significant amount of them in general. I do live in a bogan town though.
Fair enough... Other Falcon and Commodore models are spotted in similar numbers except for FG-X (Which is much rarer than VF Commodore)... I wonder where the VT/VX Commodores have gone because these AU's are everywhere (At least in Melbourne)

I went to Warrnambool around 6 months ago and found all of the VT/VX's owned by P-Platers and clapped out... To give you an idea of what goes on there, here's a video of a P-Plater that totally has mechanical sympathy for his junkyard Commodore...

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Fair enough... Other Falcon and Commodore models are spotted in similar numbers except for FG-X (Which is much rarer than VF Commodore)... I wonder where the VT/VX Commodores have gone because these AU's are everywhere (At least in Melbourne)

I went to Warrnambool around 6 months ago and found all of the VT/VX's owned by P-Platers and clapped out... To give you an idea of what goes on there, here's a video of a P-Plater that totally has mechanical sympathy for his junkyard Commodore...

FAAARRRK!

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
FAAARRRK!
Yeah... These P-Platers think they're king and they get away with everything because the cops are too busy trying to catch tourists, rather than catching these guys... I would hear these cars go up and down at 3 AM making a huge racket and sounding terrible!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Starred at the engine bay and under the dash for 1 hour looking at where I'm joining my Racetcs wiring into my injectors and ABS
and what the wiring harness I need will need and look like

Everything will enter the cabin from the access port on the firewall next to the brake booster

Racetcs box of magic will fit on the passenger side just above the kick panel

Concussion is:

ABS.
3 meters of CAT 7 will be more than enough (need to talk to my data tech guy about splicing in)

Injectors.
6 meters of 8 different coloured 0.75mm wire for the injector in and out ground wire, plus 1 black earth

Once the harness is made up I can work out how much sleeving and heat shrink I need

On a side not, I have no idea where my wiring tools are, I did last use them 22 odd years ago, so some new tools may be in my future

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
So counted old Commodore and Ford's on way to work today. In my 4km drive I saw 12 commodores and 4 falcons from the vt-vf series and equivalent in falcons.