Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
This morning I washed the Magnum ute and cleaned the inside windscreen (for winter).
Then I blessed the neighbours ears by firing up the Ford flathead for its two-monthly engine run and burned through about 1/8 of a tank of gas.
After that I made myself a colby cheese and vegemite sandwich for lunch.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Always wanted an original 86, the old sprinter.
Grandmother had one from new (so legit 1 elderly female owner with full history and very low kms) and wouldn't sell it to me. Was "unsafe with blind spots and no power steering".

My car I drove it for the first time in 2 weeks.
And the other, got the rego bill. *sigh*

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have been getting quite a bit of vibration in the vh. As I had replaced the gearbox crossmember I suspected and hoped that the the problem was with the engine mounts. I ordered tnem last week, hopefully they will arrive on monday. Today i took the old engine mounts off, what an arsehole of a job. Sure enough one was rooted. Only time will tell but fingers crossed.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I ordered two tyres for the rear of the ve. Bridgestone 275 35 19 RE003's The last time I bought them from Costco for $480 each fitted. This time on line for $346 so quite a saving. Bit disapointed at the tyre wear as they haven't lasted 30,000k. The fronts still have plenty of wear left while the rears are only just legal. I have these tyres on my ute and the vh. The ute only travels around town and the vh has had very little use since I have had it back on the road so really I can't compare the three vehicles. I do like the tyres but after having a previously owned ve ss ute with re050's that lasted for over 50,000 I am as surprised at the wear rate of these tyres. Must be the wifes driving.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Replaced the front struts, strut tops, brake discs and brake pads on the SSV (will do the rears next weekend if the weather is ok).

Only took it for a quick drive but seems to ride a lot better in the front with the KYB shocks in. The shocks that were in it were original GM struts but seemed to be quite harsh.

Also broke out the Bissel to clean the carpet in the SV6 as it’s gotten mould on the carpet from the water that’s been getting into it with all the rain we’ve had. It really doesn’t get driven now so should probably put a car cover over it to stop the water getting in.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Car covers cause scratches.
Better than the UV continuing to fade the paint. The clear coat is already gone on the wing and the door handles are a different colour to the rest of the car. It really went downhill after it wasn’t being used as my daily driver anymore. I get undercover parking at work so that reduces the UV exposure considerably.