Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I also found there are 2 kinds. Solid ones, and ones with the hole in the middle.
I used a bunch of them near the pool years ago and we use them as padding in the demo derby cars.
Handy things they are.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I assume the ones at Target have the hole in the middle. Don't think it will matter since it's just to help prop up a bumper cover on the VE ute.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
The car got serviced over the last few days. New diff oil, trans service and fluid and engine mounts replaced.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I changed the oil in Black Thunder today. Near as much ended up on the floor as went in the drain pan...... I hope this is the last time I have to lie on my back to change oil. It was a breeze with the pit as I had a deep drain pan would fit underneath and not need the jack maxed out to have enough room for me to squeeze underneath. Can't believe this was how I used to service my cars before I had a pit. I'll admit I have put on a few pounds since then. Didn't help that the L98 takes about 8.5L of oil and my drain pan has the filter holding knob snapped off. I couldn't work out why there was oil running out the pan, then I remembered......

Also couldn't find my wide mouth funnel for pouring the new oil into the engine. So much gear is missing since the move. It's all there somewhere but the shelves are 3.5m high and some of the tubs are very heavy to manage on a ladder. Good thing though I found my mower servicing transfer pump and the funnel when I was looking for staples for the air stapler. I can now service the PS when I see some full syn trans fluid on sale.

Last edited:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I assume the ones at Target have the hole in the middle. Don't think it will matter since it's just to help prop up a bumper cover on the VE ute.
Found the ones with the hole better. I often end up cutting them so I can wedge them on things

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Did a fluid check and top up and put some air in the tyres for 550km trip to Melbourne this morning to leave my 4 wheeled baby there for a week or two to get some go faster bits put in. Did a 0-100 dash to see what it would do prior to the mods getting done and was pleasantly surprised when it clocked 6.3 seconds.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Did a fluid check and top up and put some air in the tyres for 550km trip to Melbourne this morning to leave my 4 wheeled baby there for a week or two to get some go faster bits put in. Did a 0-100 dash to see what it would do prior to the mods getting done and was pleasantly surprised when it clocked 6.3 seconds.
Is that figure from an SV6?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Found the ones with the hole better. I often end up cutting them so I can wedge them on things

Yeap, we used for personal head /upper body protection on open panel edges, undercarriage doors, flaps and ailerons etc on the Hornets in case of you're not fully paying attention/insurance.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wasted about 2-3hrs chasing an audio problem...... Still not resolved and I've had to give up..... Having said that some members helped me resolve another audio problem, so that's a win... :)

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Is that figure from an SV6?
Yep, I already have hiflow cats on it, an otr and 95 tune.
Screenshot_20220702-145518.jpg