Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
On the weekend noticed an exhaust hanger was not on on the SS, put that back on near the mid mufflers.
Also noticed it may have been missing another right behind the rear can (exhaust was slightly off to 1 side) so bought one from SCA and put that on too. Much straighter now although ever so slightly off to 1 side still.

Changed oil in the Old VS. Noticed it still has a minor gearbox leak (colour and consistency is that of the gearbox oil), assuming its still just passing by the rear seal of the box going by some wet marks and tracking. checked amount in the box from filler point and it was only just down a fraction, so will get a thumb pump to put more in over time

And about to pull the Throttlebody off the SS.
Had the P0222 code come up (has come up in the past, but now its been a few times in a few drives) whereby the volts go below 0.25v for 1 second and somehow loses position. would go fine with a reset though.
Will suss out what Tbody it is and scope a replacement.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Nice numbers. I wonder what my completely stock SV6 will do.
Thanks, I hope to crackinto the high 5 seconds after this round of mods are done, that wod put a smile in my dial. Prior to the current mods 7 flat was my best but I have been nowhere near getting maximum launch, even with this last run.
Nice numbers. I wonder what my completely stock SV6 will do.
I thought I replied to this last night but cannot see the message I wrote, that's what I get for staying somewhere overnight with dodgy internet!

My best time prior to those mods was 7 seconds flat but supposedly something like 6.7 was the official figure thrown around at the time these cars launched with the LFX engine, don't know how accurate that was and under what conditions.

I have dropped my car in now for cams, heavy duty valve springs and porting of intake manifold. They say that cams should increase kw by 15-20 and porting of the intake by 10kw. If so an extra 25-30kw would be all the gains I am chasing, would put me in the realm of around 215rwkw and about 260 engine kw. Would be nice to get into the high 5s in the 0-100 dash, we will see I guess.
Edit: WTH, now my message from last night has posted with this one, bizarre!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Forgot to post up yesterday but I finally took the VC for about a 40K run to see how my oil leak fix went....So far, I have succeeded....Hip hip horray.....All the crap I went through having the motor out and in was worth it....

Fingers and toes crossed, it's all over and done with

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Improved my takeoff style and what do you know far less pig.....

So is it right foot flat and remove left foot immediately from the clutch pedal.... :D

Seriously it does take a some different style to get the take off correct to stop any bogging down...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So is it right foot flat and remove left foot immediately from the clutch pedal.... :D

Seriously it does take a some different style to get the take off correct to stop any bogging down...

Just trying to give it a few extra revs before letting the clutch out too much. Years of driving autos creates old habits that take time to break.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Its about finding a happy medium at times.
You learn to go on feel and sound after some time.
Each of mine require a slightly different way to take off nicely for various reasons especially the one thats not built for any traffic with a nearly on/off style clutch. Uphill, Wet, plenty of power when you cannot really drag the clutch, one way to learn control of that left foot.

Had a look, appears the VS has a minor random weep out the rear of the gearbox still, but its not consistent, could still be the seal bedding in or maybe i'll bite the bullet and next service just get the mechs to double seal it.
Took off the throttlebody on the SS, noticed it was a little bit slippery/oily. Gave it a good clean, changed the O-Ring and also opened it (had to get the 5 point torx bits) to give the inside a good clean with contact cleaner. All back together and fired up fine, so see what happens next few drives, otherwise I know im up for a few dollarydoos being its the silver butterfly option.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Sometimes for me, with some manuals it can also be improved by adjusting the friction point to be a little higher or lower in the pedal travel - relative to how heavy the clutch is and whether I'm using more ankle or knee. Adjusting the seat too can change leg/foot/leverage angle on clutch pedal.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah it's a heavy duty clutch. Tuner said I need a HD one though with nearly 330rwkw.