Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bunny hop.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Bunny hop.

I had to wheel align an R32 Skyline years ago...This thing had a twin plate clutch, big turbo and cam......No clutch drag what so ever....Took it for a test drive straight up to see how it drove...I start off and stalled it 3 times before I moved 2 feet.....Finally get going and change gears around the 2,000 RPM mark....Yeah right, it was like I was learning to drive a manual...It bunny hopped, jerked around like no bodies business.....

After 4 changes at different revs, it turned out, the lowest rev you could change at was 3,500 RPM....When I got back to the ramps of the hoist, I proceeded to stall it a further 4 or 5 times, with the owner standing there, pissing himself laughing at me.....

Yes, I did manage to get it on the hoist, after laying some rubber, due to the big revs required to not stall....I did apologise to the owner for it, but he just laughed at me and said it was all good.....

Man, that car was an animal to drive....

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I had to wheel align an R32 Skyline years ago...This thing had a twin plate clutch, big turbo and cam......No clutch drag what so ever....Took it for a test drive straight up to see how it drove...I start off and stalled it 3 times before I moved 2 feet.....Finally get going and change gears around the 2,000 RPM mark....Yeah right, it was like I was learning to drive a manual...It bunny hopped, jerked around like no bodies business.....

After 4 changes at different revs, it turned out, the lowest rev you could change at was 3,500 RPM....When I got back to the ramps of the hoist, I proceeded to stall it a further 4 or 5 times, with the owner standing there, pissing himself laughing at me.....

Yes, I did manage to get it on the hoist, after laying some rubber, due to the big revs required to not stall....I did apologise to the owner for it, but he just laughed at me and said it was all good.....

Man, that car was an animal to drive....
one of those brass button clutches from back in the day ? either on or off

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I find with the drive by wire, that you don't get the slow down rev. I find if you give it some revs but ease off too soon the revs drop super quick. Whereas I think with cable you get a couple more seconds to let the clutch out and get moving. If that makes sense?

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
one of those brass button clutches from back in the day ? either on or off
I used to drive my supercharged 308 stroker with a brass button clutch as a daily around Brissy when I was 18, I swear my left leg got bigger you as would near knee yourself letting it go! everyone who drove it stalled it at several times
I rarely used first gear in it just dump 2nd gear take off with a few extra revs,the 4.11s helped.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Okay, heard it called kangarooing but not pig
In reference to earlier in the thread where some discussion of pig rooter cams was bandied and I think losh's had been declared somewhat unredeemably guilty by his tuner.