Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Toyo R888R

Or,

Hankook RS4

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Such fun cars in a manual.
Tell me that bracket on the intake stud was not like that when you pulled it apart.
The bracket had been fitted between the manifold and throttle body :rolleyes:

Was great fun with a set of these fitted

20220728_211646.jpg

And then being driven like this

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The bracket had been fitted between the manifold and throttle body :rolleyes:

Was great fun with a set of these fitted

View attachment 240991

And then being driven like this

Insert Police Squad theme music.
This Episode: “Let’s drive an Excel”

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Toyo R888R

Or,

Hankook RS4
Kumho have a newish pattern out called the PS71, which is available in 17", 18" 19" and 20" sizing.....Looks like a very nice pattern that might hold upto some track work

Me personally have been running Kumhos now for 10 years in the 16" sizes.....Have struck only 1 pattern that was shite in the wet....I removed that set with them doing under 10,000K, when they released a new pattern.....I am still running that pattern on my VC sedan and a pattern they released about 6 months ago on my VY wagon....

The only issue I find with Kumho is, they have too many patterns...The rim diametre seems to dictate the pattern they have available for it....So it does make it difficult in the overall scheme of things...

So a little food for thought

I'll have to have a suss out of these options. Thanks for the inputs.
Doing some checks shows the current Falken FK452's are from 10th week 2011, so definitely in need of replacing (as had been said by mechanics the past few years) :rolleyes:
Been doing some reading and it all seems that reviews are either a love or hate with any brand or style of tyre, makes it difficult to get an accurate measurement of how they are.

Just need something thats good in the dry (its been driven twice or 3 times in the wet in 8 years of ownership)
Mainly more scared about the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system because you cant buy the Smartire items anymore.
When we say a track day, honestly it would just be, get car up to temps and just finally get to see how potent it really is. Only so much you get from the legal limits on the road, so to truely wind it out is the one thing i'd love to do.

Had Kuhmos on the VS ute for years, they lasted forever.
Might chat with the fitter about the PS71's.
Or might even see if he can get some FK510s as they seem to be the FK452 replacements.
Guess its a go chat to them and see what they can get in without going well over the top.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll have to have a suss out of these options. Thanks for the inputs.
Doing some checks shows the current Falken FK452's are from 10th week 2011, so definitely in need of replacing (as had been said by mechanics the past few years) :rolleyes:
Been doing some reading and it all seems that reviews are either a love or hate with any brand or style of tyre, makes it difficult to get an accurate measurement of how they are.

Just need something thats good in the dry (its been driven twice or 3 times in the wet in 8 years of ownership)
Mainly more scared about the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system because you cant buy the Smartire items anymore.
When we say a track day, honestly it would just be, get car up to temps and just finally get to see how potent it really is. Only so much you get from the legal limits on the road, so to truely wind it out is the one thing i'd love to do.

Had Kuhmos on the VS ute for years, they lasted forever.
Might chat with the fitter about the PS71's.
Or might even see if he can get some FK510s as they seem to be the FK452 replacements.
Guess its a go chat to them and see what they can get in without going well over the top.

The tyre reviews aren't true indications of all tyres....The magazines/tyre reviewers get given tyres by which ever tyre company wants their name in lights and those tests are done in a certain area, rather than the real world, like us motorists test them.....So you will never get a truthful review on any through an online review, or in a magazine.....

Yes, your tyres are well past their use by date....I'm surprised they are still holding together and not starting to delaminate.....

The pressure monitoring system works on tyre pressures, not tyre brand...So it doesn't matter what you fit...As long as the valve portion of the monitor doesn't get damaged, you'll be fine.

Good luck with your choice....And remember, the car will drive a million times better when new tyres are fitted, because they won't be old and hard...They'll be nice and soft

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Drove the Bells Line, ate pies from "Pies in the Sky", then across the Causeway towards Katoomba, the back home

Overall about 250km of sweet cruising

The mountains are still struggling with the regrowth from the 2019 fires, but, still a nice scenic drive

Heaps of cool old and new performance cars rolling around

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
939.jpg
started cleaning the drivers side interior on my new addition vt xu8. Took the seat cover of only one small tear in the grey thank f..K and the side is starting to collapse so will get them repaired, but was 4 tanks on the wet vac cleaner,it needs more but ran out of solution for it. I started the drivers seat/side first as I figured it would be worst.overall I'm happy with how complete original the car is,it's just the paint that lets it down. will get there,gotta do exhaust (it's still original)as the stock mufflers have rusted out, thinking of some lukey glass packed to get some rego on it!!

Reactions: Lex

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
View attachment 241011started cleaning the drivers side interior on my new addition vt xu8. Took the seat cover of only one small tear in the grey thank f..K and the side is starting to collapse so will get them repaired, but was 4 tanks on the wet vac cleaner,it needs more but ran out of solution for it. I started the drivers seat/side first as I figured it would be worst.overall I'm happy with how complete original the car is,it's just the paint that lets it down. will get there,gotta do exhaust (it's still original)as the stock mufflers have rusted out, thinking of some lukey glass packed to get some rego on it!!
926.jpg

I did put my air intake I had here on it.needs rocker cover gaskets one drips one the extractor and some bloody bonnet struts but unless it's a Harrop blower don't think I'll change anything else except maybe a strut brace

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
View attachment 241012
I did put my air intake I had here on it.needs rocker cover gaskets one drips one the extractor and some bloody bonnet struts but unless it's a Harrop blower don't think I'll change anything else except maybe a strut brace
Love it. The best bit is how well loved the Iron Lion has become again. They sound so good.