Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Non FB link:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
The tyre reviews aren't true indications of all tyres....The magazines/tyre reviewers get given tyres by which ever tyre company wants their name in lights and those tests are done in a certain area, rather than the real world, like us motorists test them.....So you will never get a truthful review on any through an online review, or in a magazine.....

Yes, your tyres are well past their use by date....I'm surprised they are still holding together and not starting to delaminate.....

The pressure monitoring system works on tyre pressures, not tyre brand...So it doesn't matter what you fit...As long as the valve portion of the monitor doesn't get damaged, you'll be fine.

Good luck with your choice....And remember, the car will drive a million times better when new tyres are fitted, because they won't be old and hard...They'll be nice and soft

Thanks for that.
Yeah I knew about the TPMS being on pressure and all that, just the finding a trustworthy place that wont destroy them.
A mate was saying they would be good for 1 thing, doing burnouts.
Next step. Go and order some, get them put on and actually go drive the thing.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
is where I seen it not as much detail/long a vid but I still want one!!
300hp, how can a blown V8 make so little power

Non-intercooled aftermarket supercharger????? it isn't the 80's anymore

For the money you would be better of with a LS swap, a standard LS1 with a simple exhaust and tune would make more power, for roughly the same price

Obviously you wouldn't get the instagram likes though, so there's that..... :rolleyes:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They sound different. I think they sound better than an LS. Like the old thong slapper 253. A fun motor. Sounded nice.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
300hp, how can a blown V8 make so little power

Non-intercooled aftermarket supercharger????? it isn't the 80's anymore

For the money you would be better of with a LS swap, a standard LS1 with a simple exhaust and tune would make more power, for roughly the same price

Obviously you wouldn't get the instagram likes though, so there's that..... :rolleyes:
I wanted the 304 car so I wouldn't change the motor in it,I know LS is cheaper power etc but I guess it's the price you pay playing with less popular/mass produced motor I reckon Id get heaps of likes if I had Instagram but!!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I wanted the 304 car so I wouldn't change the motor in it,I know LS is cheaper power etc but I guess it's the price you pay playing with less popular/mass produced motor I reckon Id get heaps of likes if I had Instagram but!!
If it had a WTA cooler you could at least lean on it a bit more, like the Skid Factory one, with IAT under control that made 430hp

I would go a side mount blower or turbo before I went a top mount without a intercooler

Hell, I've got a HTV2300 with a intercooler, I like it but even then the IAT were stupidly high, 50° C just cruising and 70°C when I was up it, or in traffic

I was only happy with the IAT after I fitted an interchiller, that brought the IAT down by around half, it typically sits around 25°C, and hasn't gone over 35°C, which now stops timing being pulled due to high IAT

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
If it had a WTA cooler you could at least lean on it a bit more, like the Skid Factory one, with IAT under control that made 430hp

I would go a side mount blower or turbo before I went a top mount without a intercooler

Hell, I've got a HTV2300 with a intercooler, I like it but even then the IAT were stupidly high, 50° C just cruising and 70°C when I was up it, or in traffic

I was only happy with the IAT after I fitted an interchiller, that brought the IAT down by around half, it typically sits around 25°C, and hasn't gone over 35°C, which now stops timing being pulled due to high IAT
no intercooler... time for some meth injection :cool: