Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon

Out with the old. In with the new.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Sourced a Camaro high output alternator, LS3 power steering, water pump, idlers, larger variable displacement air con, and a fluidampr (harmonic balancer) for the crank accessories drive to throw on the front dress.
It is a rare (first) opportunity to do this as (hopefully) won't need the front off / engine out for another 200,000km. Chances are one of those original factory things wouldn't last til 350-400k km, so now is all reliable top spec without fancy aftermarket, and I paid a reasonable price for the lot.
If you would like any of the take-off accessories which are in very good condition (late model VE / VF compat.) PM me.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Latest news:

VB Commodore - new master cylinder today (paid mechanic to do this). Also primed the areas where leaking brake fluids destroyed finish on booster and engine bay. Will paint it tomorrow, booster by painted brush, body will require masking.

Ford Fiesta - going fine, though persistent bug strikes has damaged clear on front bumper in some small spots. May respray bar in future if it deteriorates.

Volvo 244 - has been in body shop this last week getting respray, still a long way to go. Awaiting 113 new trim clips for vehicle. Panelbeater has discovered rust under front windscreen that I had not known of before. $$$$!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Started her for the first time, in over 4 weeks.
After being on the battery charger for a couple of hours and
the fuel pump relay removed, so I could turn her over and get the oil up and about......
She started first kick. Not that I'm surprised lol.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Fitted New Front Radius Rods, New 30mm K-Mac Front Swaybar, New Balljoint style Wasp Front Link pins, plus a New Adjustable Rear Whiteline 22mm Swaybar & the accessory kit with it, that replaces the traditional rear link pins. Handles beautifully, adjusted the K-Mac adjusting bearing tops so I have less positive camber on the drivers side by taking into account my size - now tracking is straight as a dart & on I'm on rail tracks again :)

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
VB engine bay repainted and displayed with pride at Australia Day car show on Macquarie St, Sydney CBD.
Fiesta driven to and from school.
Volvo still in bodyshop (I am assuming, noones called me to say it's vanished...)

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
changed oil.
found oil leak from rocker cover gasket. so replaced that.
also found coolant leaking.
most expensive oil change to date.... i shouldnt of changed the oil.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Had to jump start my car after pushing it out the driveway due to not starting it for 2 weeks... deadlocked doors + flat batt = horrible .. cant get boot or passenger or rear doors open...

Drove to mechanics and left it there.... here's to a replacement engine in a week or so....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Nothing too exciting, drilled nad put in my new overflow bottle, took out the radiator and flushed it out and put it back in. Took of some annoying stickers. Finally LOL. She's looking good now. COuple of more things to make sure she is running perfectly again and then off to the burnouts ;)