Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Checked the water bottle for the water injection and the line going to the EGR port works well.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Took the CV8 for a quick 200km round trip to have a vineyard lunch.
When I got there, I noticed a small dent about the size of a 10c on the top of the front guard, only noticeable from one angle with the sun on it.
By the time I got home and put the car away in the garage, it was the size of a football, and noticeable from anywhere.
I reckon by next weekend, it will be a write-off. Arrghhhh!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Dam, what!!!!!!!
No!! =how = a second hand guard and paint!!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Dam, what!!!!!!! No!! =how = a second hand guard and paint!!!

Original guard, no paint chips, dunno how it happened or how long it has been there. Geez, I hate little dings like that.
A bit of bog will fix it when I get animated about stone chips on the bonnet.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I drove the ve from Ipswich to Monto return today to pick up a puppy. 1011 kilometres, average speed 92 kilometres per hour, 10.3 kilometres per litre. Considering the hold ups I had due to towns with 50 kilometre limits and trucks that took me ages to get past I don't think it was to bad an effort

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Got home and saw a small section that seemed a bit cleaner than the rest on the side.
Then saw the dent and the deep scratch from a car door with the paint colour of said vehicle on it (about 6mm x 12mm of said other colour).

Worst part is, said car with people from said car were next to it when leaving the sporting event yesterday. (colour matches, right spot etc)
The sides were immaculate and now this is noticeable really badly especially due to is being dark.
Needed to see the panelbeaters for a small other touch up, now this is added tot he list :(

If it was a kid who did it, I wouldn't be angry at them, but they could learn a lesson from it. Teach them to respect and be careful.
But the fact someone has tried to clean it then not say anything, that's not right.
The lack of honesty and putting up your hand to say "yeah I made a mistake" nowadays is gone.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
should be my impulse buy.lol..... looks good though

It works a treat, I purchased the enhanced kit, which gives me manual change up/down in normal auto mode and holds that for 8 seconds before reverting back to D mode.
Hold the up paddle for a second or two and puts you into sports auto mode, with manual change up/down and holds the gear for 8 seconds then reverts back to sports auto mode.
If you change gears in either mode it resets the timer back to 8 seconds.
And of course it also gives you full manual change up/down in tiptronic/active select mode.
Kit is very easy to self install as long as you follow the instructions correctly.

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Changed out the lights on the VT just need to wire up the passenger reverse light and find a blue or black vx garnish.
054C571C-844E-4604-A880-67EE059B362D.jpeg