Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Easter stay at home day 3- interior vacuum and a decent seat and dash clean. More blatant product placement. That’s it this weekend might mow the grass tomorrow

FED28C29-6D7E-4064-8F32-C1844575A606.jpeg
37D07CB4-FC70-4F68-9E2D-770649204D7B.jpeg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Changed the Oxy sensor out that had been throwing up a code now and then on the SS.
Noticed it somehow has a possible extra muffler in 1 side only just after that oxy sensor

And realised I now need bonnet struts for 2 cars.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Easter stay at home day 3- interior vacuum and a decent seat and dash clean. More blatant product placement. That’s it this weekend might mow the grass tomorrow

View attachment 210478 View attachment 210479

Damn that looks nice. Good job mate!

I'm tossing up the idea with going with a HSV triple dash pod. I want to install Oil pressure, Vac/Boost (will SC eventually) and AFR gauges into a blank 3 pod gauge housing. Since i've got an aftermarket head unit, the SID isn't working. I know I can get it reflashed, but the idea of having the triple gauge appeals to the 12-yo Ricer in me. haha.

Intake spacer testing is going well too. Bimodals are still working like a treat, also considering doing a Baille tip swap or perhaps getting slightly bigger tips.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Checked to see if the garage dust collectors were still there. They were, just quietly rusting away due to lack of use. Petrol is cheap and nowhere to go.
Nearly a month now without a good drive, thanks to self isolation, and now 'stay at home'.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Checked to see if the garage dust collectors were still there. They were, just quietly rusting away due to lack of use. Petrol is cheap and nowhere to go.
Nearly a month now without a good drive, thanks to self isolation, and now 'stay at home'.

One of the few upsides about still being in an essential industry (Power).
No Traffic and Cheap fuel makes for a cruisy run even if the depot is a 180km round trip
Ended up having all 3 out in the past week to give them a run.
The Tunnels and the sound of the S/C V8 topped off the Thursday.

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Damn that looks nice. Good job mate!

I'm tossing up the idea with going with a HSV triple dash pod. I want to install Oil pressure, Vac/Boost (will SC eventually) and AFR gauges into a blank 3 pod gauge housing. Since i've got an aftermarket head unit, the SID isn't working. I know I can get it reflashed, but the idea of having the triple gauge appeals to the 12-yo Ricer in me. haha.

Intake spacer testing is going well too. Bimodals are still working like a treat, also considering doing a Baille tip swap or perhaps getting slightly bigger tips.
Me and me mate were talking about the extra three gauges today...... depending what you have you may have them coming down the pillar or centre dash or if you have old school muscle they may be outside the cab...... it looks great to people who don’t know ****

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Me and me mate were talking about the extra three gauges today...... depending what you have you may have them coming down the pillar or centre dash or if you have old school muscle they may be outside the cab...... it looks great to people who don’t know ****

Re erect your dash to suit your needs. Extra gauges are just flashy

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Re erect your dash to suit your needs. Extra gauges are just flashy

Did... Did you just reply to your own comment?

I digress, i'm considering my options here. I'm tossing up whether or not to go with AFR/Boost-Vac/Oil pressure using AEM Gauges or going with Boost-Vac/ Oil Pressure/Volts using Defi gauges. I was going to go with SAAS but I read all kinds of horror stories with their units.

I'm leaning towards the AEMs because they have the option to have Silver rings on the outside, and that'll more closely match the interior to OEM spec. Only issue is _where_ i'd stick the AFR gauge. Maybe at the centre of the cross pipe I plan on installing?

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Did... Did you just reply to your own comment?

I digress, i'm considering my options here. I'm tossing up whether or not to go with AFR/Boost-Vac/Oil pressure using AEM Gauges or going with Boost-Vac/ Oil Pressure/Volts using Defi gauges. I was going to go with SAAS but I read all kinds of horror stories with their units.

I'm leaning towards the AEMs because they have the option to have Silver rings on the outside, and that'll more closely match the interior to OEM spec. Only issue is _where_ i'd stick the AFR gauge. Maybe at the centre of the cross pipe I plan on installing?
What’s the crack with installing them, have to put in extra sensors?