Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Yep. For reference I've got an Alloytec.

SAAS makes a component which adapts the stock M16x1.5 thread of the LLT to a 1/8 NPT thread, sadly they screwed the pooch with the fitting by using silicone washers, so I replaced those with copper crush washers (It's a banjo fitting, and we all know Banjos need copper washers!). I have already got a SAAS oil pressure gauge on there to monitor that side of things, at least to some degree, but it's by no means accurate. Most gauges come with 1/8NPT fittings.

As for Boost and Vacuum, well I made a spacer for those which adds 3x 1/8 NPT ports between the TB and IM. Currently i've got a prototype version of the part working my Bimodals at the moment, and plan on releasing these in batches of five or so when I get to the final stage. The AEM gauges use an electronic pressure sensor which happens to take a 1/8 NPT fitting.

As for an AFR gauge you gotta weld an O2 sensor bung into your exhaust somewhere. On NA cars AEM recommends you stick it 18" from the headers. It'll probs get moved when I eventually boost.

So i'll probs go with AEM's gauge kit. Depends on how the USD goes, otherwise if the Defi ends up cheaper i'll go with that. Both are top quality gauge kits though

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
Got some quotes...... almost fell out my digger

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Test drove the mrs Cruze after my repair to the split intercooler hose that 2 mechanics missed.
Seeing as it's getting traded in and oem hose being expensive, heavy duty heat shrink sealed up the split hose. Happy days haha

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Fitted a VCM OTR and infill panel’s to the mistress

before
A58C6BB7-0B42-4336-995C-7A03D144F6CE.jpeg

After
2A8B0C32-F867-4994-A999-4C136BA6C124.jpeg

very happy with it and it feels like the cars more responsive and pulls much harder and it might be a bit of a placebo but the car sounds louder (exhaust and engine)

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Got home late in arvo & decided to change 2 busted engine mounts in vy sv8...did it just under 2hrs.

First hour still had daylight & trying to find tools for the job then last 45mins in darkness with mozzies.

Had new mounts clunking around backseat for ages & lacked time/motivation to do the job & not as bad swapping v6 mounts but mildly annoying for driveway job.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Went for a quick 450km drive to pick up two CV8R rims and near new tyres. The rims have filiform corrosion, a bit of rash, and the price was ‘Pfft …. why not’.
Nowhere near as immaculate as the set I bought (thanks @VSHeaven) a few years ago.
I don’t know if they are round or buckled, but refurbishing them as spares will be a time filler for me in these unprecedented times.
(PS, not today.... yesterday)

BAM357

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC S/LE
I've been painting my rocker covers but Im wondering which is the correct/closest aerosol enamel to use for the blue motors? VHT or Duplicolor?
VHT GM blue just doesn't seem right

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Noticed the water suction line to the EGR port on the varajet II carby was blocked and some rust colored crud around the port. A poke with a bit of wire to unblock it and some vinegar in the water to help keep things clean and the 202 loves it.