Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Added silver rings to the gauge needles so they match the Calais cluster.
https://imgur.com/a/XEuhhpw
https://imgur.com/gallery/A7YxvtV
A7YxvtV

XEuhhpw

Last edited:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Washed the ute for the first time this year (water restrictions finally lifted - yay). Was so filthy that I gave it two layers of Chemical Guys Honeydew snow foam to start with. And, of course, just as I finished drying the wheels it started to rain. Sun came back out once I got it in the garage and all dried again.

20200619_141030.jpg

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Replacing cam, lifters, valve springs, pushrods, adjustable timing set, trunnion upgrade, deleting AFM & tune.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Went for a drive

So did I yesterday. A quick 920km, 12 hour run to the outskirts of Canberra and back in the 5.7L garage queen. The first really long run it has been on in nearly 7 years.
I had forgotten how comfortable, fast and effortless it was, and amazed that when I get out of it I can still walk, unlike the other two, which takes me about 5 minutes to stretch the old body.

But ….. there was a downside to low profile tyres and FE2. The 80km south from Newcastle on the M1 Motorway was boom, crash opera, (which is annoying in the other two) but way beyond annoying and alarming, almost dangerous, as the car bucked and shook. That stretch of road is a bloody disgrace as a main ‘highway’.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That part of the highway is ordinary at best....did Sydney to Doyalson trip & back in sv8 yesterday.

Coming back 1am roadworks seemed like a pisstake haha

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
While being a good father by helping offspring do a house clean up, reversed the ute into a tree :mad: :mad:. Just love giving $$$$ to panel beaters.
Nothing like doing 6 hours of unpaid work, watching grandsons look at their phones, and then end up forking out cash as a result. F..........K !!!!!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Washed the bird sh1t off bonnet ,windscreen , roof , rear window ,boot and spoiler. I reckon they were waiting till i finished washing it then attacked. I lost the enthusiasm to get the d.a buffer out after that.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
While being a good father by helping offspring do a house clean up, reversed the ute into a tree :mad: :mad:. Just love giving $$$$ to panel beaters.
Nothing like doing 6 hours of unpaid work, watching grandsons look at their phones, and then end up forking out cash as a result. F..........K !!!!!

I have a habit, if I'm helping someone and they're on their phones, of having something slip out of my hands and land on or near them....Just seems to be an uncontrollable reaction. :p

Wonder what the grandkids would do if the bill landed in their lap for the damage to your ute? :)

Bugger it occurred

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Fitted a gearbox mod to my Mitsubishi Challenger on Saturday, my first real bit of car modding.

It allows the torque converter to lock more often, helping with ATF temps and makes the gearbox a lot more pleasant. Only done a trip round the extended block but felt much better

It was bloody hard to get at some of the wiring, but a satisfying challenge.