Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Seen a few VX VY VZ SS out for a run which was nice
I spent yesterday driving around the Newcastle and surrounds area 'shopping'. ( Got the Monaro wet.)
After my 'shopping' failures earlier in the week, I started looking for Aussie Holdens and Falcons they are conspicuous by their lack of numbers on the road.
VE/VF are the most numerous, but greatly outnumbered by SUVs and small Koreans. Falcons are rare as.
As for the last of the imitation Holdens .......... ZB, Arcadia, Equinox, Malibu, Astra ...... less than Falcons, .......... nowhere.

Excluding the diehard old fart fans on this forum, methinks Australians have ditched Holden big time as a conveyance, and it has only been 5 years since Commodore and less than 2 years since the final death rattle.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Excluding the diehard old fart fans on this forum, methinks Australians have ditched Holden big time as a conveyance, and it has only been 5 years since Commodore and less than 2 years since the final death rattle.
Australians ditched Holden while Holden was still trying to sell cars nobody wanted,.... the small number of diehards excluded because they didnt count to the bean counters :rolleyes:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
use to be every friday night and over the weekend i would hear and see modded cars driving around, now days i feel like i might be the only one out on the roads once mine is back running :(

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I live in a small street and quite reguarly there is a tough sounding F250 turning up.....It's in the street for 10 mins max before it's off again.

A few people I know are into the burnout scene, so they blow their cash on their burnout cars, rather than their street cars

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I forgot to add what I actually did to the car today.....I decided to check my back fuel filter (I have 2) to see if it is clogged, as I do seem to have a fuel supply issue with my VC....Turns out it did have crap in it, so I ducked down to my local auto parts store and to my surprise they didn't ask a million questions relating to the car....I just dropped my old filter on the counter and asked for a newie.

I was given a choice of a Ryco or a Cooper...The Cooper was $8.00 and the Ryco was $18.00...Being a tight ass, I bought the $8.00 one...Now all I've got to do is fit it up and see if that helps....I also have a new fuel pump ready to fit up, so I'll see if it is a fuel filter issue or fuel pump issue.....

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Brake pads arrive tomorrow so I put the right hand calliper back on. Lo and behold sitting sideways was the brake pad I had been looking for. Too bad perhaps I will never use them but at least they were at a very good price. I'm sure I'm not the one on this forum who has parts stashed away that they will never use and might sell one day.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mate, I have rotors, wiper arms, wiper blades, two or three sets of pads plus some SH parts, stashed in the shed. And that's just parts for my car.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Incoming purchase

download.jpeg-2.jpg.ad248b77791295075445c555bbcfee4b.jpg