Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
My new Ryco ST oil filter arrived today. Says 15k oil change on the box. I wonder how many of those I can get away with? Still got another 650km before its at 10k interval. Gives me time to decide if I lay on my back or book it in. Leaning towards lying on my back to save a few dollars.
Had another sticky at a Tuff Lift today. Need to convince the wife it's $4k well spent and something I really need..... Need to repay what I borrowed from the redraw first. But gee it would be nice to have a hoist..
I cant imagine not having a hoist now. I look back and it was definitely a younger me that did all that work laying on the ground. Older me appreciates not lying on the ground ever so much :D

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I cant imagine not having a hoist now. I look back and it was definitely a younger me that did all that work laying on the ground. Older me appreciates not lying on the ground ever so much :D
When you're old like me, & working under the car, (laying on your side or back) & you're feeling a little tired, because you are laying down, you can have a nap.;) :) :cool: hahaha

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a pit I built in my last shed. Yes not as good as a hoist but it sure beat lying on your back getting dirt in your eyes.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
being vertically challenged, any time I used a pit, I needed a milk crate or step ladder to reach anything :D hoists all the way!
I keep thinking $4k or a bit more for a hoist; is it worth my while? $4k is a lot of garage labour especially now that I do less and less on cars, over the last year or so. I also have no time and now that I have a car that rarely needs a whole lot done to it, compared to cars I've owned in the past I wonder if I can really justify the cost..?
I say I need to convince the wife, but in reality it's me that needs convincing, hahahaha.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I keep thinking $4k or a bit more for a hoist; is it worth my while? $4k is a lot of garage labour especially now that I do less and less on cars, over the last year or so. I also have no time and now that I have a car that rarely needs a whole lot done to it, compared to cars I've owned in the past I wonder if I can really justify the cost..?
I say I need to convince the wife, but in reality it's me that needs convincing, hahahaha.
for us it was no brainer, but we are working on 'something' pretty much every weekend in reality, and it doubles as increasing shed storage space as we can stack cars.

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
What’s is that? If you don’t mind me asking.
Sorry for the slow response and someone has probably already informed you but it's a ceramic coating you apply.
It's like a thin glass layer over the paint. The link I put up was just the first one that showed up in a random google search. The product varies in quality and price. But as a general rule normally the pricier ones are of a better quality. And if you get some try cleaning your windows with it, you'll be amazed how clear they come up.
https://surfcitygarage.com/products/ceramic-9h

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro

Do it !!!
Just DO IT!!!!
JUST DO IT !!!!

I'll spend your money for you Ha Ha ha
VEs not getting any younger=more maintenance.
You like all of us are not getting younger.

JUST think/picture just one small thing= oil change = ute in the air , you standing up to change said oil and filter.
You miss your pit ( you say so)
SO A HOIST IS IN YOUR FUTURE !!!