Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Are you farkin' serious?????????????????

If you've got the money & most important of all garage space with concrete suitable for hoist it's a must have even biggest tight-arse won't regret it.

I'm still dreaming of the day council will legally let me build my dream garage with 2 hoists...4 post on one side for car storage & 2 poster for actual working on cars.

Fark laying on ground or being in pits...can't beat having a hoist at home...live the dream :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do it !!!
Just DO IT!!!!
JUST DO IT !!!!

I'll spend your money for you Ha Ha ha
VEs not getting any younger=more maintenance.
You like all of us are not getting younger.

JUST think/picture just one small thing= oil change = ute in the air , you standing up to change said oil and filter.
You miss your pit ( you say so)
SO A HOIST IS IN YOUR FUTURE !!!

Are you farkin' serious?????????????????

If you've got the money & most important of all garage space with concrete suitable for hoist it's a must have even biggest tight-arse won't regret it.

I'm still dreaming of the day council will legally let me build my dream garage with 2 hoists...4 post on one side for car storage & 2 poster for actual working on cars.

Fark laying on ground or being in pits...can't beat having a hoist at home...live the dream :(
Watch this space.....

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Bought it a present - High Velocity Exhaust Jacket Kit 8 Cyl Includes Pinch Clip
11246-BGGM.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Priced up a hoist today, they seem to be about $3,500 for a basic single phase overhead, with screw pads that lifts to about 2m. Freight is the killer with his estimate being $600-$700 (awaiting final quote). Installation when I last enquired was about $1000, plus electrical. That was a bit over a year ago, so may have increased. I know cable, has gone up about 100% in the last 12 months.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Given the cost has gone up so much for a hoist I'm not sold on the idea. Won't be any change from $5.6k and could be over $6k Seems a lot for a bit of luxury.......

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Given the cost has gone up so much for a hoist I'm not sold on the idea. Won't be any change from $5.6k and could be over $6k Seems a lot for a bit of luxury.......
Get a full length ramps, then you can have a nap under the ute when you get a little tired.
Get up when finished & well rested.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Get a full length ramps, then you can have a nap under the ute when you get a little tired.
Get up when finished & well rested.
Getting up after a nap, what can go wrong :oops: Hopefully you’ll remember you napped under a car else you’ll have a headache when you wake and suddenly try to jump out of slumber :p

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Priced up a hoist today, they seem to be about $3,500 for a basic single phase overhead, with screw pads that lifts to about 2m. Freight is the killer with his estimate being $600-$700 (awaiting final quote). Installation when I last enquired was about $1000, plus electrical. That was a bit over a year ago, so may have increased. I know cable, has gone up about 100% in the last 12 months.
we used Joel's garage, and will do the same again for our 4 poster.

Okay so I just went to look, the 2 poster clear floor has gone up since we purchased :(