Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
View attachment 240609

Found the source of a vacuum leak that was causing a high idle on a Getz I got cheap. Seller was told by his mechanic that manifold was cracked and needed to be replaced
Looks like the manifold has been a boat anchor judging by the corrosion on it!

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Looks like the manifold has been a boat anchor judging by the corrosion on it!
It had been sitting with no intake boot and bonnet open for a long time.

I'm still wondering what the problem was that they took the throttle body to fix.

Drained 15l of not fuel out of the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump, fresh oil and then spent the weekend driving it between 2k and redline for about 90ks over some very rough and rocky dirt tracks.

Didn't skip a beat.

The only thing that broke was this repair on a tie rod end by a previous owner that was already loose at the start of the weekend.

20220730_102211.jpg

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
I’ve also never stripped any nuts, bolts or threads and have never had things fall off.

All I can say about that is

Wow.
Quick get 4 nails he’s back .

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It had been sitting with no intake boot and bonnet open for a long time.

I'm still wondering what the problem was that they took the throttle body to fix.

Drained 15l of not fuel out of the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump, fresh oil and then spent the weekend driving it between 2k and redline for about 90ks over some very rough and rocky dirt tracks.

Didn't skip a beat.

The only thing that broke was this repair on a tie rod end by a previous owner that was already loose at the start of the weekend.

View attachment 240714
Such fun cars in a manual.
Tell me that bracket on the intake stud was not like that when you pulled it apart.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Looking at tyres for it as the Old Falken FK452's are in need of replacement.
Trying to decide which way to go as will never wear them out (not even done 5k kms in 8 years)
But also want something that will be good for if it ever was to be driven in the rain or saw a track (to actually use all the rev range)

Do we go a Bridegstone RE003, Michelin PS4 or Continental style premium
Or something much less like a Kuhmo.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd avoid Kumho on a ute. They don't grip well enough in the wet. I slid on a damp road with fairly new Kumho's on the VR ute.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'd be going the lower price range, considering you do bugger all kays....You also have to decide whether you are actually going to do trak work or not...This also has a bearing on a tyre brand and pattern you choose

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I'd avoid Kumho on a ute. They don't grip well enough in the wet. I slid on a damp road with fairly new Kumho's on the VR ute.

Not for the ute. Probably didn't mention that. Its for a sedan.

That's the hard part about if it will or won't do any track stuff. Wouldn't be full on track stuff, just if the chance was there to take it on one and be able to wind it out.
Also hoping to drive it a bit more. But want something thatll be worth it, which is why those re003s might be an option as it's a bit cheaper but still seems up there.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not for the ute. Probably didn't mention that. Its for a sedan.

That's the hard part about if it will or won't do any track stuff. Wouldn't be full on track stuff, just if the chance was there to take it on one and be able to wind it out.
Also hoping to drive it a bit more. But want something thatll be worth it, which is why those re003s might be an option as it's a bit cheaper but still seems up there.

Kumho have a newish pattern out called the PS71, which is available in 17", 18" 19" and 20" sizing.....Looks like a very nice pattern that might hold upto some track work

Me personally have been running Kumhos now for 10 years in the 16" sizes.....Have struck only 1 pattern that was shite in the wet....I removed that set with them doing under 10,000K, when they released a new pattern.....I am still running that pattern on my VC sedan and a pattern they released about 6 months ago on my VY wagon....

The only issue I find with Kumho is, they have too many patterns...The rim diametre seems to dictate the pattern they have available for it....So it does make it difficult in the overall scheme of things...

So a little food for thought