Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Washed it.
Been a good couple months, thanks winter! Bring on spring

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Washed it.
Been a good couple months, thanks winter! Bring on spring
Unless you suffer from allergies in which case winter ain’t so bad :p

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Unless you suffer from allergies in which case winter ain’t so bad :p

That's the only thing winters got going for it :) can't wait to cruise

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
The Ecotec had a chirping sound which was the idler pulley. Had trouble getting the belt off so i knew something was a miss.
Got new belt 6pk 2230 put it on and chirping has stopped. Turns out it was the wrong belt on it, it had a 2225RB belt.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just replaced the O2 sensor. As mentioned elsewhere I have plugs out. Now waiting to see if anyone on the town has a comp tester they can lend me as mine is doesn't have the right fitting.
My other choice is put it back together and book it in.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I cleaned the screen in the rad filter last night. It had caught hard particles and silicon. Certainly doing its job, thanks for the rec @immortality .

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just replaced the power steering pump in my Wife's VS Clubsport. What a bugger of a job it turned out to be. Pulled it out in 2006 to replace the seals and its been working well until recently. Don't recall having any particular difficulty with the removal/replacement (by contrast, I vividly remember the pain of replacing coils and distributors). The Clubsport starting having an problem with the power assistance intermittently failing going around a local roundabout. Lately it started to make a high pitched whining noise when warm. Fluid and hot/cold levels were OK, no obvious leaks. Since I had a spare new pump in my "spares kit", I decided to replace the pump thinking it would take, at the most, a couple of hours.

Removed the belt OK, disconnected the bolts holding the pump to the frame, but couldn't completely remove the one that was between the high pressure pipe and the pump body. Removed the low pressure hose and undid the high pressure pipe connection but couldn't get the pipe end out of the pump connector, and therefore couldn't completely remove the last bolt. Had to disconnect the other end of the pipe from its connection towards the middle of the radiator. Due to lack of clearance, had to first remove the fan and shroud. A bit of fiddling and the pipe was finally able to be removed so I could remove the old pump. Getting the new pump in was a bit of a struggle to get the bolt holes lined up while trying to support the slippery pump with the other hand.

Anyway, finally managed to get everything back together, filled the pump up with new fluid, leaving the bleeding and test drive until tomorrow. Messy job.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I know that pain.

I ordered some ARP carb studs today, god damn expensive **** but at least they will be shiny :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a rebuilt pump to go on the ute but am waiting until the heads come off. Should be easier on a V6. The hardest part is finding the correct size oring for the heater pipe, as GM can no longer supply them and there is no listing at Repco and the Burson listing is wrong. They have one part number on the system for the Buick too and the part doesn't fit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Where can you buy the ARP polished bolts from? Is it something my engine machinist can get do you reckon?