Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
3M, yeah that would be good stuff. I'll see how mine goes this time. If it fails again I will find a smaller roll of the 3M gear you posted. I bought my tape from Autobarn as couldn't get anything 20mm anywhere else locally. Paint supplies only sell 24mm or 12mm. I needed 20mm for the bar strip.

MrVR263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore ute
Looking at my vr ute today and thinking should I keep it or get rid of it. Got other things on the go and haven't driven it really since I brought it couple of years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_115718.jpg
    IMG_20180527_115718.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 91

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Looking at my vr ute today and thinking should I keep it or get rid of it. Got other things on the go and haven't driven it really since I brought it couple of years ago.

Good time to be selling.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Crackdown on rego inspectors losing their tickets down here so expect more modified cars to be up for sale with owners unable to renew rego even with engineers cert on some cars.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That was point of view also that if car is engineered for mods it shouldn't affect annual roadworthy-pinkslip inspection that checks lights,oil leaks,brake test etc.

They're too scared to pass anything heavily modified or considered 'high profile' in case they get audited & license suspended....basically same category as passing clapped out bombs that shouldn't be on the road.

RMS Notice about pinkslips

I know a dude get audited/suspended down here for passing car with tinted windows deemed illegal...owner was warned yet didn't remove tint then later on got defected at rbt.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It wasn't today, it was mid week ,had mowed the front lawn and then a shower came through.
While sitting in the carport waiting to see if it'd pass I looked over at the covered Maloo .

Here's the sad/shamefull part realised it not only hadn't moved it hadn't even been started in 2021 ( is on a trickle charger).

So fired it up and let it idle away for about 20 minutes.

Neighbor was in their covered area beside my carport ( waiting out the shower as well) .
Oh that sounds good!!!
He's , can I playfully say he's a bastard!!! = because I'm greedy and a little jealous!!
He's just bought really nice silver VE SS manual ute

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20210324_181851_resized.jpg

This ^^^^^^^. Was raining today and I must have hit a slippery patch on a corner. Only going 90kph or less, probably 80kph. But ute did a 180 ended up in a bank on the other side of the road. I thought for sure I had smashed the side but looks like all the major damage is in the front. Fairly extensive front damage though. Reinforcing bumper is bent I'd say, as plastic bumper cover is cocking out on one side. Can't see any damage to rad or condenser. I think it would have been a different story had I not had the bullbar.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
View attachment 220608

This ^^^^^^^. Was raining today and I must have hit a slippery patch on a corner. Only going 90kph or less, probably 80kph. But ute did a 180 ended up in a bank on the other side of the road. I thought for sure I had smashed the side but looks like all the major damage is in the front. Fairly extensive front damage though. Reinforcing bumper is bent I'd say, as plastic bumper cover is cocking out on one side. Can't see any damage to rad or condenser. I think it would have been a different story had I not had the bullbar.
Is that the bumper you just painted?

Bit of bad luck. Hope there is no structural damage?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is that the bumper you just painted?
Yep and put in about 6hrs into the new bar cover plus about $200 in paint. Really peeved off. On my way home from working up the coast. Shame work won't pay my $495 excess. I will have it assessed on Friday hopefully.

Reactions: Lex