Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Door on ute wasn't closing properly, Torque Screw was stripped so spent some time trying to get it out only to find it was the door itself that had dropped. I only replaced the hinge pins a year or so ago :(

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Started doing the lower intake gaskets on the ute, new(sed) fuel injectors on the way.
Changing waterpump bypass hose and heater hose fitting to a brass one as the plastic ones were broken off at some stage and the bits left in there had blocked bypass. $30 odd for brass fittings!

Reactions: Lex

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Changed the Leads and Plugs on the work Ute, runs heaps better now...
Changed the front bumper, had a white one on a blue ute which looked funny, now it's dark blue/black so not to bad.
Found some tailgate cables so i also switched them over.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
put in a 2nd hand fuel pressure regulator. now to see if that solves high fuel consumption. Can't do any diagnostics as BCM aint talking to anybody!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Replaced the fuel injectors in my wife's VS Clubsport last weekend. Generally used the instructions provided in the link https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/posts/572152 and the Holden VS Service Manual, but a few things to note for VS V8s:

1. The fuel rail was held on by phillips head screws rather than bolts.
2. Suggest that you remove/replace the injectors one-at-a-time. This will stop you trying to install the wrong end of the injector into the fuel rail (sigh), and also have a ready reference to the orientation of the clips that hold the injector onto the fuel rail. If you find it difficult to attach the injectors into the rail you are probably using the wrong end !!!
3. The post above suggests inserting the "O" rings into the rails first before attaching the front fuel rail pipe. I tried that for what seemed like an hour without success. Popped the "O" rings into the fuel pipe first, and attached the fuel pipe to the rails in less than a minute.
4. The rubber fuel hoses are attached to fuel rail with crimped connectors. The driver side is fine as the connecting hose is short and you can remove the fuel rail and hose easily without removing the fuel hose from the rail. The passenger side is a little more difficult as the fuel hose runs from the firewall connector into a fuel damper (held on by a bracket and bolt) before attaching to the fuel rail. If you remove the bolt holding the damper onto the fuel rail, you can then remove the hose/damper/fuel rail as an assembly without removing any of the crimped connectors.
5. Replacing the wire clips that hold the injector electrical connectors in place was also a PITA. I found the best way was to partially install the clip onto the connector, then hold the clip in place while trying to slide the connector onto the injector, then finally pushing the clip fully home. Helps to have a rag around the bottom of the injectors for when they let go prematurely, and a magnet is also good for retrieving the clips. Having slim fingers is also an advantage (which disqualifies me).
6. Vaseline on the "O" rings helps to install the injectors onto the fuel rail and into the inlet manifold.

After all that, it's great when it fires up and runs.

Edit: I'm amazed at the impact of the new injectors. Starts immediately, no crank delay at all.

Last edited:

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Picked up a fiberglass Monaro style bonnet
Has a bit of damage to it but for $50 i figure it's worth a look at.

20210613_180646.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fixing stuff on ute for upcoming rego....fix a few things on to do list then let car sit for week untill can work on it again other randomly breaks on the mofo'

Accidently bumped headlights on which killed already ancient 10yr old battery that came with ute...took me a few days to get new battery & fit it only to find fuel gauge no longer works,blown brake light globe,alternator regulator is glitchy & goping over electricals decent voltage drop power wire to coil & main fuses.

Did rip hard with new battery but now dead fuel gauge is bizarre issue to pop up now.

fuggin' cars