Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Schtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS Ute
Metallic blue, nice colour and the best paint/panel was the tray. Every panel has a ding of some kind, clear coat issues on the roof and front guard. Trim going to pot, so good from afar but far from good. She always scrubbed up alright though.

I think what most served Old Blue best was that I believe it was a country car to start with, doing low effort farming chores. Cleaned a heap of long grass out of the rear quarters and a few other places and it just said "farm". Lady owner from new as well. Probably under cover, but not in a garage. Serviced regularly by a mechanic but not driven by someone especially car savvy. Actually found a receipt for it's battery that was for someone working at ANU, which tells you how much hard work it did, which is basically none. That and 214,000km over 22 years, it's had a pretty easy life and the new owner was glad of that as was I.

Heck, even the LSD was working nice, as was everything else. I kept on top of it pretty well and I'd made efforts to ensure it would pass a RWC on a moment's notice, which I expect it will since it was semi-booked for one tomorrow but the new owner will be doing that now and I hope it won't let him down.

I'm still sad, but also very happy she's gone to a new loving home. Best result I could have asked for.

And on to the next project, which is the ute I still have. This one is a 2011, and spent a couple years in the NT as evidenced by the red dust that comes out on occasion and the epic stone chips it's picked up. It's been relatively well looked after and someone saw fit to lavish some love on it once the warranty expired. I'm at least the 3rd owner, and while the previous owner was a lovely fellow, I'm also pretty sure he had no idea what he actually had, decided to buy it because of what it is and found out soon after it wasn't 'all that' for him, so I have it now and and going through it bringing it all up to scratch again because somewhere along the line, it's had "whatever fits" installed which is something that should never have happened, but inevitably does a lot of the time.

While I'm here, this is also the very first car I've ever actually sold. Every other car I have owned was either sold for me by someone else, handed off to someone else or scrapped or I still have it. It's also the first Holden in the family that hasn't been destroyed before being offloaded. First was a VH SL/X that got rear ended, a HQ Prem that got stolen and a TX Gem that got smashed up. Holdens were cursed, and getting Old Blue was worrying, but she turned out to be a good egg. :)

Still have to get a V8 some day before they're all gone. If Blue had one of them, I would have kept her. Not because fast, but because noise. :)

(The 2011 is an FG XR6T ute, and if I want any more power it needs more turbo. Stupid grin inducer as it is...)

Stu.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
busy VR/S weekend!

picked up a T3 Lexcen (VR) for the lad. late starter on the licence so in equality, he gets provided a old white commodore like his sister did :D
had drama after drama on pick up, so got it back to the shed to assess, needs a list of work as expected ;) tailshaft replaced yesterday as that let go on the drive home the night before. Tyres, brakes, seatbelt, power steering leak, an indicator and the rooflining on the list now.

The daughter replaced her leaking rocker cover gaskets and I think I learnt some new swear words when she found a broken exhaust manifold stud on her Berlina. :p

my other half is bashing about in cheap VS we got running, and its throwing about 90 codes, I checked them and a bunch are PCMish, so suspect PCM unit might actually be the culprit, will change that during the week. its also leaking coolant again, so added that to the repair list.

All I did this weekend really was cleaned the old seats to go back into the ute (has clubbies in there now) & run to auto shops/get lunches, and run around with a paperclip reading codes ;)

photo of the white VR/VS crew on the weekend :D

289295299_3438599089760586_2678452980926030091_n.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Love your dedication to the VS :)

I'm looking for more comfortable seats for the VT, something with a little more lateral support than the standard seats.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Love your dedication to the VS :)

I'm looking for more comfortable seats for the VT, something with a little more lateral support than the standard seats.
thats only the white ones ;)
not pictured, panther, botanica and silver
or the 2 white VPs :D

VT - I do love me some Coulsons if its in budget ;)

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think those are a bit out of the budget. found some on Trademe, they only want NZ$2k

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I think those are a bit out of the budget. found some on Trademe, they only want NZ$2k
thats about what they are here. We sold a average set (front & rear) for $1,500 and they are up for sale now for $2,500
I have seen that melb trimmers were doing new coulsons for about $2,500 for fronts.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
That was fronts only.

TBH, I'd rather spend that coin on go fast bits. For that sort of money I'd rather a proper light race type seat.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Wow shxt is getting expensive.
Now I'm not so !!, well I spent on !!!
Just ordered , well 2 weeks ago made to order ( posted today ) a piece of my go faster puzzle
It is defining in the way I've decided to go.

No !!! You'll have to wait and read my ride thread !!