Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
been a busy week, towed the ute back from lpg shop to fix some gremlims.
Engine kept running to hot to tune the lpg stuff
Ended up being bad alloy radiator, had a split in the side that only opened under pressure.
So picked up a brand new 3 row heavy duty copper/brass radiator.
Spent a day stuffing round getting spacers for clutch fan to fit.
replaced thermostat
replaced clutch master cylinder (motherfuc#er of a job, dont recommend anyone do this as it was brutal, took 8 hours of stuffing around)
tomorrow task is to check all wiring connections cos i am bound have knocked something loose.
Pull of front clip and fit engine oil cooler and extra thermo fan.
Countdown on for wed pm, as it has to be at tuners thrus 8am
trying to get it all done but only have so little time and with 1 arm makes it a bit slow

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
Hoping I don't jinx myself! Installed an outdoor odometer, just because.

It might help people know that some of the horses might have escaped too, when I'm a bit slow up the New England hills.

Attachments

• Commodore Odometer.jpg
    Commodore Odometer.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 115

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Prepped my re-bushed left CA ball joint with moly grease ready for the mech to fit it when he repairs the strut later this week. Was hoping to grease both sides, while I was at it but my grease needle snapped. Damn grease gun flex hose; should have used the one with the solid end so it didn't wobble around too much. Brand new needle too. Now need to order a new one now so I can grease the other side.

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Cracked tail light, cracked bumper , floors moved a little , supports little bent, spot welded panel under the tail lights buckled as. I'm thinking her insurance will tell me they'll give me $1500 and I can keep it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Strut bearing tops arrived yesterday. Slightly disappointed that the boots i ordered as well are made from plastic. Hopefully they will last. Says made in Germany. Time will tell i guess. Ute's booked in for Thursday. Hoping i might have some money come through on my super. If it does i will see if he has time to do both sides struts and CA's.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cracked tail light, cracked bumper , floors moved a little , supports little bent, spot welded panel under the tail lights buckled as. I'm thinking her insurance will tell me they'll give me $1500 and I can keep it.
is this the bus you just fixed up?id I'd be spewin if they put it down as a write off..,even a repairable write off.

H

harrop.senator

Yep all new bushes all new shocks brakes rebuilt diff rebuilt motor etc lol.

H

harrop.senator

Honestly I was about to sell it in a month n with how rough the body was only would of got 3. If I get 1500 I'll sell as is for 2 or part it out so won't be the end of the world.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
I tidied up the engine covers a bit. The red on black looks pretty nice. Used a syringe with a needle to get the paint to flow nicely into the lettering and logo, still made a few mistakes, but a lot less than with a brush!

pqhjkzri.ljr.jpg