Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
2017 was I want to break down year and 2018 will be the I want to treat my owner to a stress/ trouble free year of great motoring.

Or 2018 is I want to break free....

5819FCBB-late-queen-singer-freddie-mercury-on-i-want-to-break-free-music-video-it-still-makes-me-chuckle-every-time-i-see-it-rare-bbc-1-audio-interview-streaming-image.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Ha ha ha, every time it breaks down I'm going that's it , and even yesterday arvo on the way to work I'm going how good is this and 10 seconds later going it's going to bite me in the arse at midnight but hoping it doesn't !!! and it didn't.
Also nice going to see them (queen) next month, although bit hard to and not special enough (or bad taste dead enough to see freddy)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was saying only a few weeks ago i fixed nothing on the ute for a whole 4 or 5 weeks. Then the TS bearing goes again...... i want it to stop breaking down. Im ok fixing minor stuff but having the ute off the road for 2 -3 week periods is becoming a bit much....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This is why I jumped ship.....at 292,xxx kms it was only going to be a matter of time.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
New Year , new problems, hopefully those problems are a more trouble free motoring year

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Im hoping that once i get the tail shaft sorted i can rest for a bit. Ain't much on the ute that hasn't been replaced now. Im hoping i can soon concentrate on tidying up the paint work and doing some fun stuff. I still have the NSS to repair but I want to sort one problem at a time before I start on something new.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Neutral safety switch. Plays up a couple of times a week but usually gets going with a few shifts of the lever. One day it won't go at all. So it needs doing sooner than later.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep,and and I understand and if it's your only mode of transportation without impacting the other half , then at a certain point it's easier to say enough and you pull the pin and do it at the right time , as you appear to have done , you go how good is this ., and get ingrossed in a whole new ride .
And lets face it unless you buy a really special car and don't use it much, it takes a long time to be worth much and costs alot of money in between .
If as most of us have to do is use it,better to buy a really nice car that becomes special to you because of the memories of using it with the people you share your life with

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
about ready to punch the drivers door on the daughters Berlina. Central locking doesnt lock the drivers door. Locks and unlocks the rest. Manual locking and unlocking of drivers door triggers the others. Pulled regulator out and swapped it, no good. Cant see any wiring issues (and since this is the master and the others work, should be fine right?) the rod and button arent sticking (snib issues in the Senator got me aware of that)

so what else am I chasing down? I can hear the actuator trying, but cant see why it wont pop the lock? Ideas?