Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
about ready to punch the drivers door on the daughters Berlina. Central locking doesnt lock the drivers door. Locks and unlocks the rest. Manual locking and unlocking of drivers door triggers the others. Pulled regulator out and swapped it, no good. Cant see any wiring issues (and since this is the master and the others work, should be fine right?) the rod and button arent sticking (snib issues in the Senator got me aware of that)

so what else am I chasing down? I can hear the actuator trying, but cant see why it wont pop the lock? Ideas?

As painful as it sounds, it could be a wiring issue in the door loom. I had similar problems with my electric mirrors, intermittently working etc. When I installed power windows, I found 3 wires broken. I had no flashing lights when unlocking the car, and the mirror issue. Repaired the loom and all problems sorted. Its painful to get the loom out but it may be worth a look.

L36hunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III Statesman
Hey guys. New to the forum.
Bought a series 3 statesman last week and already under the knife for major surgery.
New "experimental" engine getting built (got new cam in today) and troubleshooting this wierd thing called an auto

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Ordered another front wheel bearing ,as it appears my front lh has gone again , arrives early next week so fit it next weekend.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
As painful as it sounds, it could be a wiring issue in the door loom. I had similar problems with my electric mirrors, intermittently working etc. When I installed power windows, I found 3 wires broken. I had no flashing lights when unlocking the car, and the mirror issue. Repaired the loom and all problems sorted. Its painful to get the loom out but it may be worth a look.
thanks, I did consider the wiring loom damage, and cbf the other day in ripping more of it apart. Sounds like a job for when the weather cools off. 900 degrees here lately.

L36hunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III Statesman
Gotta love those productive days. Took the heads to get shaved, installed new cam, timing chain set and dial in, installed new converter, fit catch can and started custom intake manifold.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Picked up bearing yesterday on way to work. Was really starting to sound ****, so didn't want to drive it until I changed it , so new one went in this morning.
Found docket for old one this morning, was only 10 months old.
I'm guessing that the suspension issues ( especially that side) I had last year have caused it to fail prematurely.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Finally got the ute back on the road, after I think three weeks off the road. Gonna be good to have transport again. No more bumming lifts if I need to get home. I even have a key light now..... :) and internal steering shaft is no longer wobbling. Hopefully it will not give me any grief over the next few months and I can start to do things like sandblast the tailgate hinges and tap out the dent in the bonnet, where the strut pushed through and fix up the paint in 4 or 5 spots. I'd like to polish and buff it and if it's now reliable I will finally get to that job.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
replace spark plugs in the old girl now she got a bit more oomph and probaly not drinking as much lol

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Finally got around to installing the actual vent for the dash fascia in the ute, looks much better now there isn't just a big hole in there. Not a big job but a satisfying one, looks just that little bit more complete.

Now waiting for the new odometer gear to arrive so I can replace that and start to have a working trip meter again, plus my new front grills out of a calais.

Attachments

• 20180205_085817.jpg
    20180205_085817.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 189

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Grills are in now, postie delivered them this morning at about 6:30.

Attachments

• 20180205_083929.jpg
    20180205_083929.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 201