Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Trying to undo someone else's fucked up repair :mad:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I busted the ignition barrel in the Berlina, and then busted the spare one from the Calais, trying to fix the first one

What busted on the barrel? I didn't think it was that hard to get one out. I replaced my switch the other week and it took me less than 30mins and was basically one step less than removing the barrel as well.

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Water Pump started to make it's death rattle on the way home from work last week, by the time I got back it was pretty well gone. Got an EBay coupon for 10% off, so got a tensioner/pump combo for a decent price. Got them this arvo, hopefully fitting them on Thursday, plus my KYB rear shocks that arrived as well.

Attachments

• 07_24_18_06_43_58_20180724_184307.jpg
    07_24_18_06_43_58_20180724_184307.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 292

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Water Pump started to make it's death rattle on the way home from work last week, by the time I got back it was pretty well gone. Got an EBay coupon for 10% off, so got a tensioner/pump combo for a decent price. Got them this arvo, hopefully fitting them on Thursday, plus my KYB rear shocks that arrived as well.

What brand of pump is that??

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
What brand of pump is that??
It's just a Machter one, nothing special. Was looking a Gates, but they didn't have one ready to ship next day and Supercheap couldn't get one in until Friday this week.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Finally got around to putting the VF wheels on the ol ute, so much better than stockies lol.
vsute.gif

trev1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute v6
Haven't found a thread on what people have done on their VR/VS' in the last day or two. Hoping it's ok to start a thread so we can hear what VR/VS owners have been doing on their rigs.
Mods if this thread is elsewhere please let me know and feel free to delete this one.
Hi

trev1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute v6
Hi well tonite i hit a roo in my neat blacl vs ute bit messed up in the plastics and lights but that aint my problem after hitting the indigenous one the ute now has bad miss on acceleration does not like any load at all.. is this just coincidence or do roos just like messing up commies help please

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Spat the shts this evening.come back from the hardware store only to find the passenger side central locking not working. Ripped it apart and couldn't work out the problem, apart from it appearing to not have power. Fn furious by now that i rip into the drivers side to find a cable had broken inside the door boot but not before ripping the window winder off because the rag trick didn't work and my trim tool is back home at my other house. Even more pissed off because that is a mongrel place to need to feed a new wire. No tools here to fix it so that made me even more pissed off. Hate borrowing tools when i have my own just they are 100km away. Rant over......

Last edited:

trev1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute v6
Hi well tonite i hit a roo in my neat blacl vs ute bit messed up in the plastics and lights but that aint my problem after hitting the indigenous one the ute now has bad miss on acceleration does not like any load at all.. is this just coincidence or do roos just like messing up commies help please
Well turns out new coil/ignition module fixed the engine