Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
OK it's nothing like mine then.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
finally found sent I've been losing water, found the radiator end tank had a spilt on the hidden side. Now replaced with an eBay alloy 3 row, shiny. Also swapped over the tensioner as it was angled and the belt was close to the edge.

1 word of advice, get a smaller but thicker o-ring and replace the standard one that comes in the kit. I lost a bit of coolant because the one in the kit didn't seal.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Rear and mid exhaust mount, although the one that had been repaired with a cable tie looked stronger than the new ones. Still waiting for suspension parts.

H

harrop.senator

Checked the clearances on new motor should go in next week or so.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
finally found sent I've been losing water, found the radiator end tank had a spilt on the hidden side. Now replaced with an eBay alloy 3 row, shiny. Also swapped over the tensioner as it was angled and the belt was close to the edge.

1 word of advice, get a smaller but thicker o-ring and replace the standard one that comes in the kit. I lost a bit of coolant because the one in the kit didn't seal.
Did the same job a few weeks ago. I got one of my local mechanic. It was round and it trimmed itself as I evenly bolted the heater fitting on. They have sealed OK, but i am keeping my eye on it. There is a thread somewhere that said the originals are round.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II

Did the same job a few weeks ago. I got one of my local mechanic. It was round and it trimmed itself as I evenly bolted the heater fitting on. They have sealed OK, but i am keeping my eye on it. There is a thread somewhere that said the originals are round.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Changed rear upper arms. Front lower arms, tie rod ends, engine mounts and strut tops have arrived. Waiting on tension arm/chassis bushes. Might be busy next week, although the engine mounts will wait until a mechanic mate is off roster . Any one live around Innot Hot Springs and keen for a visit?

H

harrop.senator

New mounts , rocker cover seals , filter ,removed cleaned painted upper manifold.

Now just need to change rear main for sake of it fit flywheel clutch and box.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I finally put the oil pressure gauge in the dash. I have yet to connect to the sender.
I didn't want to destroy the original dash so just got an old speed alert from the wrecker
and modified it to fit the gauge in.

View attachment 193048
Must be a shallow backed unit?
I looked at putting my oil pressure gauge there, but would have hit the steel support panel behind dash at that point, or held the gauge out way too far.